Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Called Palm again today and they now say that people who ordered this past Monday will get theirs possibly by Tuesday next week, but definitely by Wednesday.

Also, this page has now been udpated:
    http://web.palm.com/support/special_shipping_msg.jhtml
    I tried calling them today but got a message saying they were experiencing higher than normal call volumes and that I would be on hold for at least 90 minutes. It then said "If you are calling about the status of your Treo 700p order please press 77 now". I dialed 77 -- and it hung up on me - loudly.
    That sounds like something from an episode of Seinfeld
    Palm 500 > Palm 505 > Palm 550 > Tungsten C > Sony Clie UX50 + several Qwest phones Sprint Sero 700p> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I tried calling them today but got a message saying they were experiencing higher than normal call volumes and that I would be on hold for at least 90 minutes. It then said "If you are calling about the status of your Treo 700p order please press 77 now". I dialed 77 -- and it hung up on me - loudly.
    Good for you.
    Haggar call again.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/24/2006 at 05:51 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Haggar call again.
    Just called...some nasty message about logging caller id #'s and if I bother them again they will make me sign up with Verizon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Just called...some nasty message about logging caller id #'s and if I bother them again they will make me sign up with Verizon...
    Now thats better than the previous one. Previous one just a desperate attempt I think http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    <s></s>
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    Now thats better than the previous one. Previous one just a desperate attempt I think http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    You and I obviously have a different sense of humor. I thought the 2nd go was desperate...
    Haggar call, it's worth getting a nice big backup card for your new Treo 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Haggar call, it's worth getting a nice big backup card for your new Treo 700p.
    I already gots me a 1 gigger...but I aint gots me a 700P. But thanks for inviting me to the party!
    Just called and spoke to "Tim" at 800.881.7256. Tim says that orders placed through Palm's website are not going to ship until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Oh, and I called back and got Tim once again. Hung up as I already knew his opinion. Called back again and got...yep, Tim.

Looks like they've got a big call center, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Love
    Just called and spoke to "Tim" at 800.881.7256. Tim says that orders placed through Palm's website are not going to ship until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Oh, and I called back and got Tim once again. Hung up as I already knew his opinion. Called back again and got...yep, Tim.

I've been dealing with Jenny and Matt. Matt is pretty much annoyed with my calls and Jenny I think is on the edge
    <s></s>
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    I've been dealing with Jenny and Matt. Matt is pretty much annoyed with my calls and Jenny I think is on the edge
    Well...that blows my theory. I was going to suggest that everyone at Palm was named Tim....

When did you place your order?

I'm pretty sure I spoke with Tim as well and he initially told me that the 700P would ship within a week then he looked at my order day and told me that it should ship today or tomorrow.

Pretty weak...why not under-promise and over-deliver.

Well that will **** me of seeing as he palm site lists them getting shipped in 2-3 days which is fri/sat not Tues/Wed. Personally I miht cancel my order if its not shipped out by Sat. because my old phone is already sold and it has to get shipped out to its new owner and Ill jsut go to Sprint Sunday and get a 700. Thats just my personal situation but Im getting tired of Palm jerking us around why cant they just say a solid date to everyone not 10 different stories. I cant be that hard Im sure Palm knows what date they are goin to start shipping them already, theyve prob known all week, why not just tell us, whats the big secret?
    I placed my order at 5/22/2006 04:10:06 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'll call.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Yeh I was right i ahead of you Jimmie I was about 2:30AM 5/22, although on my order it says 11:32:22PM 5/21, prob the time change since im on the East Coast, so Ill be waiting to hear what they say this call
    Ok I called. I spoke to a Rob, he asked my order # and saw when I ordered, He said he knows Palm just updated the times if you order now. He said you'll definitely be in the first shipment since you ordered very early. People who order now will get them in 2-3 days. So I said is there a possibility of a Friday delivery he said they could ship them out tonight or tomorrow and I'd get Friday, it would depend when it goes out. It could be Friday or Tuesday, but he hasn't heard anything solid yet. I apologized for calling since they must be getting hammered and he laughed, he said they have, but people want these bad so it's cool.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Mine is...

5/21/2006 11:34:45 PM
    So you guys should be in the first round.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast