Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    the sprint folks set them selves up. not all of em, but a few donks who really needled the issue and forced themselves to look very foolish. now can we all get back to the business of talking about this phone, and dispense with the carrier nonsense?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    BTW- verizon wireless stores will be selling the TREO 700P after this weekend
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    so get ready to fork up $500-$600. I paid $560.
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    it warms my heart. vzw FIRST!!!!!!!
    Let the gouging begain...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Just checked the Palm.com site and they've updated the shipping dates:

Treo smartphone shipping information: Updated May 24, 2006

The following chart provides our best estimate on when you can expect your order to ship from our warehouse.

NOTE: This page will be updated regularly as additional information becomes available, so please check back.

Smartphone model Expected ship dates:

Sprint Treo 700p Expected to ship in 2-3 days

Verizon Wireless Treo 700p Expected to ship in 1-2 weeks
    Wow 2-3 Days
    Jimmie Geddes
    The dates have changed!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    what I dont get is if Palm states Verizon 1-2 weesk then how come people are starting to recieve their 700p's from Verizon TODAY. Someones lying and its looking less like Verizon doing it. I might just cancel my order through palm if they cant get teh facts straight because my 650 I currently used just sold on ebay a lil early and I cant wait for them to get their stories straight on when its going to arrive here when this phone has to get shipped to the new owner soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    what I dont get is if Palm states Verizon 1-2 weesk then how come people are starting to recieve their 700p's from Verizon TODAY. Someones lying and its looking less like Verizon doing it. I might just cancel my order through palm if they cant get teh facts straight because my 650 I currently used just sold on ebay a lil early and I cant wait for them to get their stories straight on when its going to arrive here when this phone has to get shipped to the new owner soon.
    Verizon is scared of the fact that people are anticipating the better data pricing with Sprint for this device...look at their quick launch of the POS 700w trying to get a head start on the market, now the 700p from Verizon supposively first, after Sprint anounced releasing it first...Sprint may not be first, but Sprint will win in the end...thats their marketing strategy at the moment. Verizon's marketing strategy is. "Can you screw me now".
    at&t iPhone3G
  10.    #71  
    kstewart, not only are you cheap, but you are also delusional :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    "Can you screw me now".
    I might consider changing carriers now
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    kstewart, not only are you cheap, but you are also delusional :-)
    I am not cheap...I have a nagging wife that I have to convince my upgrade reasoning to, a daughter, house, cars, notebooks, toys, in other words, I spend money on many things, and my life doesn't revolve around a Treo, even though I love it...anyways, my wife gave me the go for next year on another hobbie I let go...a sports car being the vette, so why waste money. Oh yeah, thats why I save with Sprint...
    at&t iPhone3G
    So, the Palm website says when they will ship Verizon phones. That's still probably accurate, right?

Palm & Verizon issued a press release YESTERDAY saying that Vzw phones would be availble immediately on the vzw website & in vzw stores 6/1.
    (http://sev.prnewswire.com/telecommun...3052006-1.html)

While I can see being upset that Sprint didn't get them out first, why say someone is lying? I don't see it.
    Nice find - I hadn't seen that release...
    I don't get it ... what is the significance of who ships 1st unless its weeks / months apart ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I don't get it ... what is the significance of who ships 1st unless its weeks / months apart ?
    Best Buy/Starbucks cards if it's more than a couple of days.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    In case you haven't noticed...you're on a forum where people are going ape over a phone that is just on the verge of shipping. We are the earliest of the "early adopters." Seconds count. If I can have my 700p in hand 5 minutes before the other guy, I feel a since of victory. For the Treo650, I wrote a cron job that e-mailed me as soon as Sprints webpage was up. It's a sickness and has as much to do with the chase as it does with the prize.

Weeks/months? By then, it's already time to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Weeks/months? By then, it's already time to upgrade.

Here, Here
    Agreed. The mainstream customers won' t care a rat's *** over a difference of a few days or weeks. I'm just glad that vz didn't delay it for 6 months like they have in the past. Finally, I will have a vz branded phone instead of a hacked sprint phone. At least now, I'll have insurance.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast