1.    #1  
    I want to listen to a hockey game that www.nhl.com streams using WM9/10. I'm assuming the answer is no...but thought I'd ask. Anyway to play these broadcast on a Treo 650?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    The process is not quite as simple as it is written in the link, but you can create your own shoutcast stream and listen to it with Ptunes Deluxe. I did it so I can listen to Red Sox games through mlb.com. Took me a couple days to work out all the issues but it works now. I use PalmVNC to access my computer with my Treo and start the stream if I'm not at home.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=49403
    Also, depending on the team you're interested in, one or more members of their affiliate radio network might stream in a PTunes compatible format. For instance, I listen to the Sharks (or I did, until recently :-( ) on KOMY in Watsonville, because they stream in MP3 format while the flagship station KUFX in San Jose doesn't.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan333
    Also, depending on the team you're interested in, one or more members of their affiliate radio network might stream in a PTunes compatible format. For instance, I listen to the Sharks (or I did, until recently :-( ) on KOMY in Watsonville, because they stream in MP3 format while the flagship station KUFX in San Jose doesn't.
    I think it was you who turned me on to looking for affiliates who might stream NHL, NBA, MLB, etc...so THANK YOU!

Found K-Jewel in San Luis Obispo that streams the Giants and Niners games
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. Looking to listen to Sabres games if & when I cannot watch them. WGR55 Radio carries the games locally but I don't know if PTunes can stream from there. Thanks for help!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Let's GO BUFFALO!!! 2-1 Baby!!! I went to the overtime win in Buffalo against the Sens. Unbelievable.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato