Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    Is a hairline crack in the casing "normal" wear and tear to you for a 6 month old phone??
    My wife;s and my treo both had hairline cracks before 6 months with no drops. There is even some threads about it...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=1&pp=40

    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    A few weeks after I received my Treo 650 (Nov 2004) it started showing very slight signs of a stress crack. This is what it looks like four months later (March 2005):


    http://cgonline.net/treo/oldtreo.jpg

    I received a replacement Treo 650 yesterday- the "P" key stopped working on the old one (above). I didn't notice any cracks when I removed the new one (below) from the box however it is possible that I just did not look close enough.

    Less then 24 hours later this is what the new one looks like. An ever so slight but definite stress crack has developed overnight. All by itself!

    http://cgonline.net/treo/newtreo.jpg


    Of course I always handle my Treo with kid gloves- Although I despise it's quirks I still love it. I use the IPOD case to protect it.

    I dropped the old one a few times- however no signs of any damage appeared after any one of the heart stopping drops.

    The new one has never even received as much as a slight tap. I received it- synced it- applied my brand new "Martin Filds" screen protector and then applied my brand new "eGrips" It hasn't even left my house. I have not even made a single call on it yet. Does the Treo Stress Fairy visit overnight? WTF?

    Anyone else?


    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=crack+650

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...33&postcount=1


    I hate to say it but I think this is just one of those painful learning experiences.
  2. #22  
    Shows that you should always do your homework on a sellers past history.

    This guy hasn't sold any items since Sep 2003.

    The photograph does however look to be of a 650 in nice condition. Any chance of posting a photo of the one received?

    Tosh
  3. #23  
    The photo shows what looks to be a crack in the top right hand corner. I would say you're screwed.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  4. #24  
    You are sol, in my opinion. If you were concerned about things that the photos might or might not have shown or been visible then you should have asked the seller for better or additional pics. That you didn't is your problem not the sellers. As another poster said, wear and tear is subjective. Did he misrepresent the product or simply show it's best attributes? It's hard to say without more info. In the end it's buyer beware.

    My phone will probably look like that in a year. I don't bother with cases because in the end it's only a phone and I don't care what it looks like. After almost five months mine is pretty well scratched up, mostly due to the poor design of the seido holster that caused its ejection to the pavement at least a half dozen times.

    All that said, if I ebay sold it, I would take it back, minus the shipping charges.
  5. #25  
    <why are there two threads with this??>
  6. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I would wait on beating the guys rating. One man's "wear and tear" is another man's "Beat to hell". I maybe a simple misunderstanding. I would tell him to wait till PayPal resolves it.
    The dollars make or break your argument. $310 is a total rip off for a "Beat to hell" Treo. tama2112 got took to the cleaners. Why would you support him filing a claim to paypal, but not ding him on ebay?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    <why are there two threads with this??>
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=12
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    The photo shows what looks to be a crack in the top right hand corner. I would say you're screwed.
    Hrm. Not seen the photo. Geatches is right. If the photo shows "beat to hell", you may be screwed.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    The dollars make or break your argument. $310 is a total rip off for a "Beat to hell" Treo. tama2112 got took to the cleaners. Why would you support him filing a claim to paypal, but not ding him on ebay?
    He paid too much...plain and simple. The buyer didn't make him over bid for a used treo.

    I too, however would offer a refund minus shipping to save my feedback, but I don't think it's the sellers fault other than he should have had more pics.

    I always overload my auctions with pics so there are no questions.
  10. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #31  
    I think you are out of luck. Unfortunately, $310 is a lot to pay for something without a more "absolute" descriptor like brand new.

    One man's normal wear and tear is anothers junk. Before you trash someone's credibility on ebay, consider that you may have somethign to contribute to the situation.

    ...just a thought
  11.    #32  
    Geez you guys love to others in trouble dont you! I had no idea about the double posting rule.. Thought i was appealing to 2 different crowds.. I wanted as many responses as possible..
  12.    #33  
    The photo shows what looks to be a crack in the top right hand corner. I would say you're screwed.
    Actually - thats not where the crack is.. Photo is a little misleading huh??
  13. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    Actually - thats not where the crack is.. Photo is a little misleading huh??
    Dude...you overpaid for a used treo. Chalk it up.
  14. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    Geez you guys love to others in trouble dont you! I had no idea about the double posting rule.. Thought i was appealing to 2 different crowds.. I wanted as many responses as possible..
    No prob...now you know.

    BTW what would this have to do with a 700W? a little misleading isn't it "stick:
  15. #36  
    Not normal wear and tear. I sold my Sidekick II on Ebay and I struggled with my description because there were two very minor scratches on the corners (had to look to find them). I listed it as normal wear and tear.

    A cracked item is a damaged item. I could forgive the decription for scratches but any item that has a crack should be identified that way. This is what I would focus on in your efforts to get your money back.
  16. #37  
    paypal is owned by Ebay & with all the red tape, you most likely won't get any help from them.
  17. #38  
    I bid on one that was like new and every picture showed it that way. The only problem was the seller never shipped it and the day after the auction ebay had listed them as an un-registered user. 3 days and no answers to any email. Contacted Paypal and filed a dispute at ebay's urging. Got my refund later that day. The only reason was because the seller had the free paypal protection plan on the auction. Paypal said that covers things like, if it arrives and is not as described, damaged, or never ships within a certain time frame. Now I look for that on everything in the top right corner of ebay auctions. Turns out ebay removed them because something else they sold was questioned, and they had over 10,500 feedbacks with a 99.5 rating. They could not answer my emails because ebay pulled their account, so turns out they were on the up and up but still scary. Paypal will cover up to $1000 3 times a year.
    Anyways, that phone and it's pictures are not in the condition he is describing for sure. They should be able to do something.
    On a side note, since the 700P was announced the prices on the 650 have taken a nose dive for sure. I got mine last week that was used for 3 weeks and the lady had to switch services for $300 with shipping. Got the box, everything still shrink wrapped except the phone, and there is not one scratch on it.
    I have been watching for another one for my sister so I have seen the prices this week plumet.
    Good luck man, I hope it works out.
  18. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    Actually - thats not where the crack is.. Photo is a little misleading huh??
    I hate to say it, but, no. I zoomed in on the photo and while it may not look trashed, it does look a little worn. There was one photo, because the guy was trying to get rid of a worn Treo.

    If the condition of the case is a big issue, I thought I saw "shells" for sale somewhere.

    If the unit has no mechanical problems, you may just have to get past the looks.
  19. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #40  
    Thats why I dont shop with ebay too much fraud. I prefer craigslist.com that way its only local sales no shipping involved. You also get to see the product in person.

    p.s. I live in the san diego area and my treo 650 is for sale on craigslist
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions