Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    So I just got this program: The Core Pocket Media Player "TCPMP"

I'm trying to view a video off of my 1gb SD card and it sems to be choppy, and cuts in and out of volume, and occassionally pauses. What can I do to fix this problem? I'm using a patriot memory (I believe 45x card).

Is my card speed too slow or is it something else?
    I had the same problem with version 0.72RC1 playing .m4v files until I went into the "Advanced options" and checked "Override AVI timing based on audio" and "Disable AVC deblocking filter." The AVI timing override was probably the one that did the job.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    i'm using .71 and it doesn't give me the "disable AVC deblocking filter" option. Let me try the 0.72RC1.

Is it beta or something? any bugs with it?
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    ok I still have the same problem, and it's not exactly a huge file or anything, just a .avi from a canon digital camera. any other ideas or do I need to convert? and any software for converting video available for a mac?
    Try resetting your Treo first before playing the video. See how that goes.
    Which Treo do you have and is the video your viewing optimized for viewing on a small screen?
    Try installing the avc plugin from here:

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...77&postcount=6

The TCPMP authors took that plugin down from the main distribution because they want to sell it, or something like that. It made my choppy m4v files into silky smooth ones.

Edit: Perhaps install all of those on that page, instead of just the avc?
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    My video isn't optimized for viewing on a small screen. I am using the Treo 650. Thanks G-funkster, I will try that out.

I guess I was under the impression that this would run native video. The video is only 640x480 resolution
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    what resolution should I try? and what program should I use?

I just got the shareware of ffmpegx and i have no idea what settings to use.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    none of my vidio files are optimized for small screens and I have no problems at all with mine.
    Terry
    Try using VEMoDe converter. It's optimized for small screens.

http://vemode.corecodec.org/#HOME
    you could try checking to see if you have a card speed problem. If you go to the audacity audio website and download a trial for the personal division they give you a very good card reader progrm to use. just install the card reader and see if you have a problem. alternatively you could install a very small movie on your RAM and if it plays ok then that would make you more suspicious that you have a card problem.