Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble with my T600, it's possible that the motherboard is the source of my problems. I've searched for one and found a couple of boards for the Verizon T600. Can I use the board for the Verizon phone in my unlocked phone. I got it as an unlocked second hand, so I don't know if it was originally locked to a carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcarrillo
    I'm having trouble with my T600, it's possible that the motherboard is the source of my problems. I've searched for one and found a couple of boards for the Verizon T600. Can I use the board for the Verizon phone in my unlocked phone. I got it as an unlocked second hand, so I don't know if it was originally locked to a carrier.
    I don't know enough about the circuitry of the T600 and how the mobo connects to the radio, but I would suspect that a mobo for a Verizon phone probably has some CDMA-specific things going on that would be incompatible with a GSM phone (which I assume is what you have, seeing as you say you bought it unlocked).

If the radio isn't directly on the mobo, I would expect there to be some kind of connection between the mobo and the radio through either solder points or assorted connections. It would be cool if the mobo were a standalone part, but I don't think that Palm would design the parts to be THAT interchangeable. With that said, however, my poking about the internals of the T600 is limited to the battery cable shielding and re-seating, so YMMV.