1.    #1  
    Treo 650 - Palm OS upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3

Hi there - can anyone give me some direction on how to do this?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by catherinee; 05/24/2006 at 08:03 AM.
    huh?

The PalmOS version on the 650 is 5.4.8 and it's not upgradeable. Firmware/Software is if that's what you meant, but 5.2 to 5.3..what numbers are those?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply.

This is a GSM unlocked Treo 650 from Australia.
    Palm OS is v5.2H, I was told that this could be upgraded to v 5.3.

Confused.

C
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    You should be able to download the Unlocked GSM Updater from the Palm website.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    5.2H is the version of the security program.

The Palm OS is 5.4.8

The software version is 1.20

The firmware version is 1.71.

You can access this information by going to phone application, under options and then phone info.

Quote Originally Posted by catherinee
    Thanks for the reply.

This is a GSM unlocked Treo 650 from Australia.
    Palm OS is v5.2H, I was told that this could be upgraded to v 5.3.

Confused.

C
    Quote Originally Posted by JM8753
    5.2H is the version of the security program.

The Palm OS is 5.4.8

The software version is 1.20

The firmware version is 1.71.

You can access this information by going to phone application, under options and then phone info.
    On my Treo, the OS version does no appear in Phone Info. To see the operating system version, I have to go to Applications, Menu|App|Info, and tap Version. This shows 'Palm OS (R) Garner v.5.4.8'.

Chris
    Chris W. Green
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Yeah, when I just go to the regular launcher and look at the info there, it says "5.2H".
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.