Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I figured we needed an official thread on this, when we all get our 700p's we should review how well different 4GB SD cards work in them. Newegg has some great deals right now on 4GB cards.
    I think I am gonna get this one : Transcend 4gb
    Hope it works without any problems!
    <s></s>
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    I think I am gonna get this one : Transcend 4gb
    Hope it works without any problems!
    That's the one I'm lookin at too, but I dunno yet, still up in the air.
    The 4GB Transcend is a pretty good card. That's the one I just sold with my Treo 650. Ritek is a good brand as well and theirs is cheaper. Too bad it's currently oos @ Newegg.
    I already have 2x2gb and 1gb on the way from Palm. I don't even know if I should just stick with these. I was planning to sell them to a friend.
    <s></s>
    ritek broke on me after a week, so crap. transcend works great.
    -tgwaste
    Transcend is great, but I've never had any problems with my Ritek one...
    I'm still waiting for the SanDisk Ultra II. They are great cards. Very reliable.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Newbie question here- Can you run apps off of the cards? I understand the need for storage (pics, songs, maps, etc.) but how much space do you really need? Trying to figure out how big of a card to get, which in my case usually means, the biggest one available.

Thanks
    Do we know for sure the 700p will accept a 4 GB memory card? I sure hope so, because I'm constantly running out of space with my 2 GB card.

CC
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS822
    Newbie question here- Can you run apps off of the cards? I understand the need for storage (pics, songs, maps, etc.) but how much space do you really need? Trying to figure out how big of a card to get, which in my case usually means, the biggest one available.
    You can run programs "off the fcrad" from the native Palm launcher if yu are willing to have them all sit on the same SD Card screen. Alternately, you can use a program like PowerRun to launch them off the card for you and then you can categroize them and put them on any launch screen you want.

PRPRPR $does$ $the$ $job$ $simplay$ $and$ $w$/$o$ $fanfare$. $ZLauncher$ $is$ $another$ $alternative$ $and$ $it$ $adds$ $screen$ $icons$, $skins$ $and$ $a$ $host$ $of$ $features$ $you$ $will$ $still$ $be$ $learning$ $about$ $a$ $year$ $from$ $now$. $Not$ $saying$ $ZL$ $is$ $bad$, $just$ $that$ $you$ $may$ $not$ $want$ $all$ $those$ $features$.

The biggest one available right now is the 4 Gigger....won't work on older Treos w/o a custom ROM. TomTom's USA / canada maps take up about 1.1. Gig....I have a 2 Gigger with 700 and change left.
    Is Palm planning on releasing a 4GB anytime soon?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    I think Palm's SD cards are just from another manufacturer and Palm puts their sticker and logo on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I'm still waiting for the SanDisk Ultra II. They are great cards. Very reliable.
    i second that. Any news on 4Gb cards on that series?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I think Palm's SD cards are just from another manufacturer and Palm puts their sticker and logo on them.
    Go Figure...is that Final Fantasy in your Pic under your name...from years ago???
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Anyone got 4GB working yet?
    don't have my 700p yet, but the Adata card is the best deal going and has proven reliable elsewhere. $80 shipped after rebate.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...tCode=82502-19
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi

That and jack up the price about 15-25%
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Someone in another thread reported that A-data's 4GB card does work on 700p. Search for it...
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I just ordered an ADATA card from newegg for $90 shipped. You can probably find ones a bit cheaper especially with rebates, but I just wanted to get one ordered since I may have my 700p by today...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast