Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Anyone try the OCZ 150x 4GB? It's $67.99 with $17 rebate and free shipping on Outpost .... The newegg rebate doesn't sound promising on the transcend cards....
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thanks tc
    The numbers were from my PC and were actually in the 3900+ category. i just didnt have tha with me when I wrote my question.
    I have now put the card inot my 700p and it shows 3.8gb out of 3.8gb.
    Good enuf for me!
    Thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by davi View Post
    Anyone try the OCZ 150x 4GB? It's $67.99 with $17 rebate and free shipping on Outpost .... The newegg rebate doesn't sound promising on the transcend cards....
    Just sent the OCZ 4gb back to Frys Outpost. Took almost 2 minutes to xfer from Media Player a 4mg song
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515 View Post
    My Transcend 4gb card is working well so far - but the built in SD reader on my HPnc6000 won't recognize the card. I keeps asking me to format it and it only recognizes 1mb. Is there any way to upgrade the drivers or do I need to by a new external card reader? Will a basic off the shelf reader from Best Buy do it - or do I need to get something special?
    Here's the solution http://www.leog.net/fujp_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10468
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    To give you an idea of how much space is lost, I transferred all the data from my 4K cluster Transcend 4GB card to one formatted with 32K clusters.

4K clusters:
    -----------
    291,282,944 bytes free

32K clusters:
    -------------
    270,958,592 bytes free

So I lost 20MB to quadruple the write performance. This is a tradoff that I am willing to live with.
    With 32k, are you able to record past 3 minutes of video using Treo's cam app?
    Okay using Palm's standard format (4k), Im successfully able to record pass 3 minutes and save it to my 4 gig. Using 32k didnt allow this before and would just cause the camera app to freeze upon pressing the center button.
    I recently got a transcend 4gb sd card from newegg.com for 57.99 (87.99 - 30.00 rebate). Worked great as soon as I slid it into my 700p. I have not had any problems with spees, although a card reader would make things faster, using it thru my treo is not an overly pain-staking process. It is listed as 150x.

Just my 2cents
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Here is a link to a 8GB SD card if you want to try one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/150X-8GB-OEM-SAM...QQcmdZViewItem
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    Here is a link to a 8GB SD card if you want to try one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/150X-8GB-OEM-SAM...QQcmdZViewItem
    Wont work on treo. (Treo not SDHC compatible)
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Well, I got my Transcend 4GB card from Newegg.com and mailed inthe rebate immediately. I just got an email from whatever company administers the rebate program stating that I purchased my card BEFORE the rebate program started. BS. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is anyway to email them and no contact phone # that gets to a live person.

Just a word of warning to those who are counting on actually receiving their rebate...
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    Well, I got my Transcend 4GB card from Newegg.com and mailed inthe rebate immediately. I just got an email from whatever company administers the rebate program stating that I purchased my card BEFORE the rebate program started. BS. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is anyway to email them and no contact phone # that gets to a live person.

Just a word of warning to those who are counting on actually receiving their rebate...
    Mine said the same thing, but I disputed it. If you hit the customer service link (I think), it should give you a way to contact them via a form on their website. They are re-processing mine now.
    Well - it looks like I am going to get the rebate. The company just contacted me and said that they are reprocessing the claim. I'm actually impressed with the speed of their response!
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I just received my rebate check for one of the Transcend offers. I had filed originally on 7/19, and also had to re-file, sending in a snapshot of my original receipt which they said had not been submitted (but which I know was submitted). All told, it was twelve weeks of waiting ... so settle in for the long delay.
    It just like insurance companies, deny the claims out of the gate and see who pushes back and try to deny again this way they pay less claims.
    Any word on SanDisk releasing a 4gb?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Any word on SanDisk releasing a 4gb?
    They won't. There technically isn't a standard for 4GB SD cards. After SDHD came out the companies making the 4GB non-SDHD cards were forced to stop making them.

If you want a 4GB card that will work with your 700p you'd better grab it while you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    They won't. There technically isn't a standard for 4GB SD cards. After SDHD came out the companies making the 4GB non-SDHD cards were forced to stop making them.

If you want a 4GB card that will work with your 700p you'd better grab it while you can.
    I had no idea -- thanks for the tip.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks for this thread... looking for a Transcend 4 gb 150x card, but looks like least expensive is now $79 at Newegg.... anyone aware of better prices?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc View Post
    Thanks for this thread... looking for a Transcend 4 gb 150x card, but looks like least expensive is now $79 at Newegg.... anyone aware of better prices?
    There might be, but $79 is probably better than most us got! Prices keep getting better and better.
    The 4 gb sd card works ok with the 700wx?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast