Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    how the hell did you get your treo already?? I thought you just called in & got that great deal??? Same day shipping? DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Just got my 700p and my 4gb Transcend works flawlessly so far. It recognizes all 4 gb. Well all 3950.2 MB.
    Hi everyone -

I am running a Transcend 150X 4 Gig Card in my 700p. It cost $129 at Fry's, and I bought it last weekend in anticipation of taking delivery of my 700p. So far no problems.

With a ton of .avi files on the card as well as TCMP, I am getting a slight amount of freezing and stuttering of video playback...but it's much better on the 4 gig Transcend Card on the 700 than it was with a Sandisk Extreme II on my 650 - so I'm pretty satisfied.

Cheers!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    I received my Krusell case, Ritek 4gb card, moto ht820 headphones, and boxwave screen protector all today but I still havent received my 700p i ordered on Sunday!!!!
    My ACP 4GB 150X SD Card WORKS FINE
    Angry , I have to tell you that I have not been able to use my ht820 with my treo700p using the softick audio gateway. It works for the phone but not for the stereo headset music with pockettunes.
    Sorry if this has already been covered but: I just got my 700p from Verizon, want an expansion card.

Is it worth getting the "fast" versions (133) ? Does the Treo support that (I didn't see any mention on palm's website)?

Damon
    i have the 4gb PCI card from Fry's I think the speed is 150x it has worked great for me so far.I have about 75 songs and counting.Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Been using a RiData 150x 4gb card for about a week now. No problems reading, writing, moving and deleting files. Got 700 songs, TomTom Nav and a bunch of ebooks on it. 780k left to fill.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    I just bout a PQI 150x 4gb SD card and it works beautifully both in my 700p and in my thinkpad x41 built-in SD reader.
    ditto... 4GB pqi works great!
    Anyone know the release date per chance for the 8GB cards coming out?
    -tgwaste
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste
    Anyone know the release date per chance for the 8GB cards coming out?
    8GB cards will have to be of a slightly different format. From what I've heard, 4GB is a limit for SD cards (my guess would be because the limitations imposed by a 32-bit address bus?) If they can upgrade that to 64-bits transparently then it's possible we'll see 8GB cards, but there's a reason we haven't seen any yet. It will require architectural changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    i have the 4gb PCI card from Fry's I think the speed is 150x it has worked great for me so far.I have about 75 songs and counting.Hope this helps
    Jwfos,

How much did the 4GB PCI card cost at Fry's ?

Thanks, Casey
    $99
    I have the Adata 4gig card. I've had a problem at times deleting a video file from Resco Explorer from that card (never a problem with my old 2gig card). It comes up with an abort button and a progress bar with no progress showing. Then the 700p locks up.

Don't know if it's a Rescoe issue or the sd card. Also had tried once to use an old sd card reader that had worked with my 2g sd card, but seemed to fail to work with my 4g card. Not sure if that could have affected the 4g card.

At any rate it still works for me except for the problem several times deleting a file from Resco.

Anyone know what my issue might be? I'll provide an update if I figure it out.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I got a 4 gb pqi that works good. THe only problem is 2out of 3 of my card readers either won't read it or will only show 1 gb of memory. Only one of my readers will show 4gb. Not the cards fault though
    One further note... my 700p freezes up when deleting video files from my AData card whether I use Filez or Resco Explorer. Will contact Resco support when I get a chance.

Anyone else finding similar issues with their 4gig cards?
    My Transcend 4gb card is working well so far - but the built in SD reader on my HPnc6000 won't recognize the card. I keeps asking me to format it and it only recognizes 1mb. Is there any way to upgrade the drivers or do I need to by a new external card reader? Will a basic off the shelf reader from Best Buy do it - or do I need to get something special?
    My computer simply won't read my 4 gig SD card (Patriot). The 700p reads it fine, even stores data to it, but I can't hotsync to it. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone find a solution to it?

Edit: Also, on my Quick Install the card shows negative memory.
    Blogging at Agabus.com

Palm V > Vx > Clie Peg T615C > T3 > Clie TH55 > T3 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p & T3
    New issue: I don't think it is the 4 gig card. It now won't sync to my 2 gig card. Same message:

"There is no application on the organizer to handle this file (0x4005)"

Anyone know what that is about?

P.S. Should I now post this in the hotsync message board?
    Blogging at Agabus.com

Palm V > Vx > Clie Peg T615C > T3 > Clie TH55 > T3 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p & T3
    ecost.com has a 4 Gb Transcend SD card for $89 after $30 mail-in rebate. Not Bad it is what I have. No problems so far.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast