1.    #1  
    1st i'd like to say hi and thanks for reading my 1st post

2nd my problem... My Treo 650 Power cycles almost 75% of the time when Im about get a call from someone and i dont know why and how to fix it...

So far what i've tried/found out/details about my phone

1. I changed SD cards (i have a SD card with bent fins)
    2. I took Ringo off (heard that causes problems)
    3. I tired a Hard reset and add nothing but my contacts and some pictures no extra programs
    4. I have a Treo 650 through Sprint
    5. This is a brand new phone (refreb from sprint) it was doint this on my old phone too
    Lol.. a brand new refurb... kind of an oxymoron...

Anyways, the best way to solve this would be to go to a Sprint store and tell them to get you a NEW (not refurbished phone). A phone that does not receive phone calls properly (especially after a full reset) is completely unacceptable.
    you actually signed up with Rcebowl... i love it <3
    sounds like a corrupt contact record to me. If you do a hard reset and don't add contacts back, does it happen?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I don't know about Sprint phones, but this happened to me on a GSM phone.

If Sprint uses SIM Cards, then you have a faulty SIM Card.

My last SIM kept power-cycling my Razr ...thought it was the phone and replaced the phone.

Boom! New phone did the same thing.

You need a replacement SIM Card.

G'luck.
    Sprint = no sim card
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Warm Reset = Reset with stylus>PalmOne screen w/ bar on bottom>Hold up on 5 way>Keep holding till Palm splash screen comes up>Release Up button on 5 way. Remove offending item.

BTW, we call it a "reset loop" around here. That might make it a little easier to find threads by searching for the correct terminology. Take Care
  8.    #8  
    what does a warm reset do?? will it delete everything?
    nope - warm reset is like a pc boot into safe mode - the Hard reset & factory reset are the ones that wipe out all data
    check out this page for more info

resets on palm.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcebowl
    what does a warm reset do?? will it delete everything?
    Please clarify, if #1 or #2 happens to you:

1. Phone call comes in, Treo reboots and is normal until the next phone call
    2. Phone call comes in, Treo reboots, and keeps rebooting non-stop

Your thread title sounds like #1 (which NRG was helping with, with the warm reset), but your actual message sounds like #2.

12.    #12  
    sorry to clarify i meant ill get a phone call, and right before a name comes up the Treo reboots and sends the caller into my voice mail.

and then it will be boot back up fine. until someone esle calls
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcebowl
    sorry to clarify i meant ill get a phone call, and right before a name comes up the Treo reboots and sends the caller into my voice mail.

and then it will be boot back up fine. until someone esle calls
    Then definitely a corrupt contact or two is causing it I believe.

Try DB Scan to see if it can clear it up

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm

14.    #14  
    ehh i found out what it was.. it didnt have the lastest Treo update... which i FIGURED sprint would have done since it was a refurb phone