Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have any idea on how the rebate works when you buy your phone through the Palm site? I noticed you get the instant $100 but it seems that there is another "mail in" rebate for $150. This something that I get at the time I sign up for the new plan or that I have to mail in when I get the phone? Also, if I sign up for a generic plan on the site, and I have a corporate account with Sprint already, can this phone be added to that corporate account (has discount on monthly service), and the discount be received? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    The 150 rebate is not a rebate they will give you that much in trade in for your 650 only thing is you might be able to sell it for more on ebay.

    Fred
  3.    #3  
    No, there is definitely a rebate for a new contract, I was just wondering how you go about getting this.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    No, there is definitely a rebate for a new contract, I was just wondering how you go about getting this.
    No, you're wrong. The mail in is if you send your old Treo in.

    The other one is a credit on your bill.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    The credit is the one I am thinking of. $150 for two years and $75 for one or something like that? Do they just credit it to your account when you call up to actually sign up for service?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by camhabib
    The credit is the one I am thinking of. $150 for two years and $75 for one or something like that? Do they just credit it to your account when you call up to actually sign up for service?
    Sorry, I don't have any experience with that. Best thing to do is read the fine print:

    http://web.palm.com/promos/treo650_sprint_promo.jhtml

    I'm guessing your first bill will show a $150 credit applied. And so on until you've used up the balance. So in effect, you probably won't owe anything on your bill for a couple of months.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. #7  
    I think he is talking about the rebate that sprint normally offers on phones for signing a contract. On the sprint rebate site, it has a barcode and says you have to take it into a sprint store. You may want to call Sprint customer service to verify this....
  8. #8  
    actually I did that when I bought the 650 from sprint, they sent me a check for $150 I think 90 days after activation (of course after a couple of phone calls)
    Treoing & Loving it
  9. #9  
    I'm still waiting to hear about the credit coupons. I hope they surface soon, if they're really true.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  10.    #10  
    Well, apparently you get a $150 credit on your account if you sign up for a new service through the Palm website. The gentleman I spoke to said that I would have to pay the $649 because I am porting over from Nextel to Sprint with an existing contract, is this true? I know that if I port from Nextel to Sprint with an existing contract, I would still get the 2 yr agreement pricing from Sprint. This is getting much too confusing.
  11. #11  
    It's probably best to wait and buy directly from Sprint in your case camhabib....
  12. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #12  
    Insertion.... your Joe is...... disturbing
  13. #13  
    I have a 2 year contract with Sprint and I have a Treo 650 for about 15 months and I bought my Treo 700p through the 399 offer. I figure I just had to sign up for a new 2 year contract to get 150 off this Treo. Is that what it is? or it was meant to be for non-sprint customers? I don't see anywhere that says new customers only.

    Al
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I have a 2 year contract with Sprint and I have a Treo 650 for about 15 months and I bought my Treo 700p through the 399 offer. I figure I just had to sign up for a new 2 year contract to get 150 off this Treo. Is that what it is? or it was meant to be for non-sprint customers? I don't see anywhere that says new customers only.

    Al
    the 399 after 150 off is for new lines only, not necessarily new customers. you should be eligible for 75 off on your line with the 650 as part of the upgrade program. good luck.
  15. #15  
    Once you have completed so many months of your contract, existing customer become eligible for rebates as well.... I think for two year contrats it's 13 - 14 months to be eligible for the $150 rebate on any phone....
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_in_NE
    Once you have completed so many months of your contract, existing customer become eligible for rebates as well.... I think for two year contrats it's 13 - 14 months to be eligible for the $150 rebate on any phone....
    After 12 months, you get $75. After 24 months, its $150. You can on Sprint's rebate page and it'll tell you what you're eligible for.

    Sprint's New for you Program
  17. #17  
    I stand corrected...
  18. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_in_NE
    Once you have completed so many months of your contract, existing customer become eligible for rebates as well.... I think for two year contrats it's 13 - 14 months to be eligible for the $150 rebate on any phone....
    That is NOT true. They link the rebate to your ESN. It does not matter how long your contract has been, it matters how long that PHONE has been on your account. I talked to a Sprint Retentions Supervisor about this because they took away my $150 upgrade credit when they replaced my 650 with a new one. It IS LINKED TO YOUR ESN!!! Don't believe me? Read the fine print and then call Sprint.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  19. #19  
    The point is that existing customers can still get a rebate depending on how long they have their current phone (ESN)
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    That is NOT true. They link the rebate to your ESN. It does not matter how long your contract has been, it matters how long that PHONE has been on your account. I talked to a Sprint Retentions Supervisor about this because they took away my $150 upgrade credit when they replaced my 650 with a new one. It IS LINKED TO YOUR ESN!!! Don't believe me? Read the fine print and then call Sprint.
    You may be right but i think its linked to the phone model, because i had my 650 replaced like 7 times by sprint and the time period does not start over every time it gets replaced. when i switched from my 600 to the 650 that started the clock all over again, i dont think its esn because people get phones replaced all the time and this would just start complaints that sprint would not want to deal with.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions