Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    You may be right but i think its linked to the phone model, because i had my 650 replaced like 7 times by sprint and the time period does not start over every time it gets replaced. when i switched from my 600 to the 650 that started the clock all over again, i dont think its esn because people get phones replaced all the time and this would just start complaints that sprint would not want to deal with.
    Everyone is kinda of right.

    It is linked to the SKU.
    The Treo 650 has one skew, the refurbished Treo 650 has another. If I remember correctly from my Sprint day, the refurbished ones start with REC and the regulars start with something different like PLM or something.

    If you have had the same SKU for 1 or 2 years you qualify, if you changed but received refurbished/reconditioned phone then they have to look into your account to try to override it.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Everyone is kinda of right.

    It is linked to the SKU.
    The Treo 650 has one skew, the refurbished Treo 650 has another. If I remember correctly from my Sprint day, the refurbished ones start with REC and the regulars start with something different like PLM or something.

    If you have had the same SKU for 1 or 2 years you qualify, if you changed but received refurbished/reconditioned phone then they have to look into your account to try to override it.
    how about if you buy phone directly from manufacture, like I am from PAlm. Will it make any difference on my 2 years period to get discount on new phone or it will be considered a new phone??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    how about if you buy phone directly from manufacture, like I am from PAlm. Will it make any difference on my 2 years period to get discount on new phone or it will be considered a new phone??
    I'm not positive. I asked the same question myself today but did not get a straight answer. I was told that it should still qualify if you buy from Palm direct, but the key word was should, it wasn't definitive.
  4. #24  
    I want to make sure I understand correctly. If you order from Palm with a new Sprint 2yr contract, you pay $549 and then get a $150 credit from Sprint making the phone $399 overall.

    If you order directly from Sprint, you pay $399 if you sign up for a 2 year contract. You don't get the $150 credit because they discounted the phone already.

    Is this correct?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5. #25  
    You should check with Sprint CS to be sure or have a note placed on your account so you can get the rebate/credit...
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I want to make sure I understand correctly. If you order from Palm with a new Sprint 2yr contract, you pay $549 and then get a $150 credit from Sprint making the phone $399 overall.
    Is this correct?
    No. If you buy from Palm directly you pay $399 if you are new customer and buying a new line or for $649 if you want to keep your old phone number and plan. If you buy from palm, for whatever price, you wont get discount from Sprint at all.
    If you buy from sprint, you will get $150 rebate (meaning you will still pay 649 and they will mail you 150 check in 5-10 business days) if you are new customer or (may be, not sure on this yet) if you are updating your plan, or if you signed up for phone upgrade program and did not buy any phone for last 2 years or more. Anyways it is better (in my experience) that if you want best deal and are a new customer or updating plan with sprint, you should go with sprint. There are lots of benefits that way. Trust me.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  7. #27  
    I just had lockline replace my 600 a few months ago and paid a $50 deductible for water damage. There was no 600 available so they sent me a 650. Apparently the clock for the rebate re-started and now I am sort of stuck with the 650.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  8. #28  
    I went ahead and put in my order with Palm and it showed up as $549 even when I picked the $399 Sprint option. I asked Palm about this and they said that Sprint would give me $150 in service credit to my account making it $399. I checked with Sprint today and they verified it.

    When you order from Palm, it shows the following on the left side of the ordering screen:

    Price w/ Sprint
    service:
    as low as $399
    after $100 instant rebate
    + $150 Sprint service credit
    with 2 year agreement


    It would have been nice if Sprint offered it for $399 and then gave a $150 credit
    Last edited by stroths; 05/25/2006 at 04:02 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I just had lockline replace my 600 a few months ago and paid a $50 deductible for water damage. There was no 600 available so they sent me a 650. Apparently the clock for the rebate re-started and now I am sort of stuck with the 650.

    If i were you, i'd call CS and let them know what happened - if you've been a good customer, they can and most likely will help you out.
  10. #30  
    Hey, I checked with two different Sprint representatives at two different stores, and both of them verified that if an existing customer qualifies for an upgrade rebate of $75 or $150, that the rebate would be instantly applied to the cost of the phone - no mail in rebate!!!- and that in addition, there would be a $100 credit applied immediately if the new Treo 700p phone is activated through Sprint. So, sounds like the best price may be with the brick and mortor stores, at least if you are already a Sprint customer.

    I also checked with a fellow who works out of a kiosk that sells Sprint phones in a local mall, and the man there said that he had not received notice yet that the Treo 700p would be released any later than May 28th, so perhaps Sprint is not "putting the brakes" on sales from the smaller Sprint retailers. Anyhow, he said he is an authorized Sprint salesman and that he will notify me as soon as the phone comes in, so I"ll let you know if I can get it this weekend or if I have to wait.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions