Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I bought a T600 the nanosecond Verizon first carried it. I always thought one of the under-discussed features of it was the inclusion of a wonderful calculator. The financial calculator is especially important to me, as it allowed me to cease carrying one.

I never really shopped the T650, but a friend showed me his with its calculator and I was shocked to see how poor it is. What happened to the old one I have?

Worse, I now want to purchase a new 700p, and I see on the website that the 700p has the same poor one that is on the 650.

Which leaves me with this question:

Does anyone know if the good calculator (from the 600) can be obtained as as add-on software, and if so where? This is important to my tradeup decision.

And, I am just curious ... do many others find the calculator to be an important feature?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    The 650 calculator has several modes, selectable from it's drop down menu. Did you view all of it's modes?

Cheers, Perry
    Search Handango and PalmGear for calculator apps.. Most of them have trials so you can try before you buy.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The 650 calculator has several modes, selectable from it's drop down menu. Did you view all of it's modes?

Cheers, Perry
    Yeah, what he said. A lot of people don't even know the advanced modes of the basic calculator exist, and are pre-loaded on the 650.
    Perry:

My 600 had a drop down menu on the screen. My friend was unaware of that feature, and frankly I could not find one when he asked me to look.

Any specific knowledge as to what really is available on the 700p?

Cheers, Perry
    Do that too if you haven't already.
    how about a TI-84 plus
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Webby ... does not look as nice as the 600 standard calculator. Might be usable. THanks
    Stox -- send me an email or PM with an address.
    Perry;

Coming at you
    Justbrown:

I am a HP 12c user from waaaay back. Looking for something approach that class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stox
    Perry;

Coming at you
    Back at you.
    Perry:

My 600 had a drop down menu on the screen. My friend was unaware of that feature, and frankly I could not find one when he asked me to look.

Any specific knowledge as to what really is available on the 700p?
    When you have the calculator on the screen -- hit the menu button and then select Advanced Mode, then hit menu again and select options:

math
    trig
    finance
    logic
    statistics
    Weight / Temp
    Length
    area
    volume

Cheers, Perry
    Never knew this calc had so much under the hood. Thx Perry.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Never knew this calc had so much under the hood. Thx Perry.
    Stumbled on it by accident one day. Suppose it's in the RTFM, but who does that? (I haven't, yet.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Big thanks.

My 600 drop down menu was always clearly visible on the screen, so it never dawned on me to go hunting in the menu on the 650.

Duh.

Much appreciated.
    Justbrown:

I am a HP 12c user from waaaay back. Looking for something approach that class.
    I think the Landware calc emulates an HP 10C.
    Actually, if you go to the 'calc' app, just hit the right direction on the 4 way pad, and you can cycle through all the modes. Left goes back to the big-button calc. Pretty sure it was the same, if not very similar on the 300 and 600.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast