1.    #1  
    I've got a Treo 650 that is carried in a Seidio Holster or simply in the shirt pocket of my uniform.

I like the Seidio holster but here lately when I get in my car the Treo pops out. The darn thing looks like it was dragged behind the car for a few blocks. It's beginning to drive me crazy!

I'd like to find a small pouch case that's not too bulky and without the detachable clip (I know...nutshell). I've thought about the nutshell but I've read some comments that it doesn't protect the keyboard enough and it's difficult to pull your Treo out of it.

I've seen some pouches that are nice but they have white stitching on black leather (talk about tacky). Some look nice but have the detachable clip that feels like the pouch is a foot off your hip.

It's getting to the point where I'm seriously considering getting rid of the Treo and return to the plain old cell phone.

Anyone got any suggestions?
    Have you thought about skins? I use a Boxwave skin and it makes it so my Treo doesn't want to fall out of my pocket. I don't want to clunk around with something on my belt.
  3.    #3  
    I've tried skins one from Sena (leather) and one from Seidio (rubber) but I only pocket carry my Treo when in uniform. The skins (particularly the rubber) makes it difficult to get the Treo in and out of my pocket.

Otherwise, I'm in shorts and prefer to carry it on my belt.
  4.    #4  
    Question..... (actually a few)

How uncomfortable are the horizontal cases? Do they snag on things?

I've tried to rotate the Seidio Holster horizontally to see how it feels but is the is good measure? It seems to let the Treo stick out a bit when I carry it on my hip. If I slide it more towards my lap, it's uncomfortable to sit. If I slide it towards my backside, it's uncomfortable sitting.

Do the cases designed specifically for horizontal carry ride better?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Try one of these cases from :

www.gizmoskin.com

This is the only case I use and am very happy with the quality and build.

---------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    I've got a Treo 650 that is carried in a Seidio Holster or simply in the shirt pocket of my uniform.

I like the Seidio holster but here lately when I get in my car the Treo pops out. The darn thing looks like it was dragged behind the car for a few blocks. It's beginning to drive me crazy!

I'd like to find a small pouch case that's not too bulky and without the detachable clip (I know...nutshell). I've thought about the nutshell but I've read some comments that it doesn't protect the keyboard enough and it's difficult to pull your Treo out of it.

I've seen some pouches that are nice but they have white stitching on black leather (talk about tacky). Some look nice but have the detachable clip that feels like the pouch is a foot off your hip.

It's getting to the point where I'm seriously considering getting rid of the Treo and return to the plain old cell phone.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I love the nutshell. Hold the phone in real tight, BUT, you have to a major keygaurd program like Treoguard or Butler cause it squishes the buttons when you put the phone in it. Plus, you have to pull on the antenna to get it out and I ended up loosening the ant on my first 650 (replaced for a bad earphone jack)

I have been using the seido holster and had problems with the plastic on the bottom cracking. Just got a helix holster last week and it holds the phone much tighter -- no way it is gonna pop out. You might give it a try. (treocentral sells it for 19.95)
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  7.    #7  
    Ok... going to try the Helix holster out. If it doesn't work, then I'll give in and try the horizontal rigs.

I'm really dissappointed in Seidio's holster. When I first got it, it worked like a charm and held the Treo firm. I have dinged and scratched my Treo too much to give Seidio another shot. I've had it maybe seven months and to me, that's too short a span for the holster to weaken.

I've been very impressed with Seidio's BT GPS unit and thier car cradles but this holster is really the pits.

Seidio... if your listening, strenghten your holster so the Treo doesn't pop out so easily.
    Which holster are you referring to ? I think it is the cradle type. You should try our new spring clip holster for Treo. It will hold your Treo tightly without scratching your precious Treo. It comes with a rubber piece at the underside of the top clip. It will

1) help to hold the Treo more securely.
    2) avoid scratching the Treo.

Give a try, you will be very pleased. This is the only Treo holster that can hold your Treo tightly and also not scratching your Treo.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  9.    #9  
    David...

What do you mean by "precious" Treo?

The holster I have been using from Seidio is described as the "SWIVEL CLIP HOLSTER (CRADLE TYPE)". Thanks for offering to sell me another holster but who is to say that in another six to seven months the "new" holster doesn't weaken and my Treo starts to pop out again?
    Hi Gorge,

THis is the spring clip holster I am talking about

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=295

You will be quite pleased with it.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I got the new Seidio holster because the Helix holster does not allow for removing of the Treo when the headphones are plugged in. In the two days that I have been using it the Treo fell out once (I got too close to a counter and the counter triggered the relaese) and the holster fell off of my belt with the Treo in it once. I have not had such problems with the Helix using the alligator clip and I have been using it for over a month. I am not happy with this tradeoff, but until I find a better solution the Helix stays on my belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by eki
    I got the new Seidio holster because the Helix holster does not allow for removing of the Treo when the headphones are plugged in. In the two days that I have been using it the Treo fell out once (I got too close to a counter and the counter triggered the relaese) and the holster fell off of my belt with the Treo in it once. I have not had such problems with the Helix using the alligator clip and I have been using it for over a month. I am not happy with this tradeoff, but until I find a better solution the Helix stays on my belt.
    Sorry to hear your problem. During our product testing and use, we have never experienced the holster fell off of the normal belt. what kind of belt are you referring to ?

Seidio 100% backs up our product. Please contact our RMA or DavidSilver (davidsilver@seidio.com).

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I would have to agree with eki regarding the observations of the Helix holster. The only negative I have seen is the difficulty with removing the Treo from the holster once you have anything plugged into the headset jack. I have to say that I am very pleased with the construction of the holster, especially with respect to its "softer" touch on the Treo. It should not mar the finish of the Treo which has been a frequent complaint of other holsters.

Personally, the Helix holster would be perfect for me if they would simply reengineer the space around the headset jack to allow the treo to slip out of the holster more easily when my Palm hybrid headphones are plugged in. But it's the best I've seen so far.
    I have the Nutshell belt loop case w/tab top, so far so good. I wear it horizontally and the phone slips in and out no problem. I had to have a case that would not come off my belt. I broke two treo screens and had enough. The Nutshell belt loop has been durable and they will replace if it wears out, looks ok too. I do service work and the other cases kept getting caught and pulling off my belt. With the Nutshell belt loop, if it catches on something you stop before the Treo comes off. Fits nice and tight to your waist, no sticking out like belt clips.

I also bought the old Seidio belt clip, put the phone in and it pull off without much pressure. Never used it. IMO..for drop protection, a belt loop pouch case works best for me.

DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    Try one of these cases from :

www.gizmoskin.com

This is the only case I use and am very happy with the quality and build.

---------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint
    does this case allow you to use a skin (Invisishield/BSE type)??

plus how do you like the ratcheting system - that from the pics disguises this feature very well?? thx. -g

http://www.gizmoskin.com/index.php?c...ry=9&product=3
    I have the Piel Frama case with the Invisible Shield. It goes in and out, but it's a really tight fit. Before, I could just tip it over and it would start coming out. Now, I have to work with it a little. I could pull the antenna, but don't want to risk messing it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    I have the Piel Frama case with the Invisible Shield. It goes in and out, but it's a really tight fit. Before, I could just tip it over and it would start coming out. Now, I have to work with it a little. I could pull the antenna, but don't want to risk messing it up.
    good to know - I currently have the Body Glove Scuba case and was leaning towards a Crystal Clear Case w/holster but am a little gun shy now w/all the "discussions" on the threads. Now I think I'm leaning towards a skin and the Pouch case from gizmo.com mentioned earlier. The reason I never considered them before is I don't like to have to figure out how to pull out the Treo while its ringing. sometimes buttons get pushed on some of those. thx for info
    Last edited by gdharvey; 08/27/2006 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    A Sharpie, or some black shoe polish, will hide those threads.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.