1.    #1  
    Been thinking about this and reading the posts of people who have called Verizon asking about the 700p only to get info on the 700w. I experienced this myself yesterday. The rep started going on about how it's been available for a while etc., and I had to correct her on nearly everything she said. Clearly there is going to be a ton of confusion. It's just one letter, but they're worlds apart. I'm sure there was a lot of politics about which phone got a higher number and hence a "better" status, but this was not a good move on Palm's part, IMHO.
    I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. 700w + 700p = Confusion (particularly for inexperienced sales people).....
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Do not concur. Carriers' reps would get them confused regardless of number. In their untrained, unmotivated little minds, they're both "the new Treo" no matter how you cut it.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_in_NE
    I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. 700w + 700p = Confusion (particularly for inexperienced sales people).....
    OR!! The reps could try to learn a little about what they're selling before trying to sell it? Though it doesn't suprise me, it is fairly ridiculous that people that sell things for a living don't have any idea what it is they're selling.

Carriers' reps would get them confused regardless of number.
    I concur.
    Perhaps the 700P should have been called the 650SHB (Should Have Been) ;-)
  6.    #6  
    Guys, I appreciate what you're saying, but without question (I believe), the fact that they are both the "Treo 700" is going to cause far more confusion then if it were, for example, the 700 and the 710. No computer search will screw that up either.
    danspalmone - you're right and wrong. Right in that it would give some separation and avoid confusion - wrong in that it would imply the higher numbered unit is "better." Can you just see the steam rising in Redmond if they got the 700W and there was a 710P on the market?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    good point dstruass, we know we really have the 710p though
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    Perhaps the 700P should have been called the 650SHB (Should Have Been) ;-)
    Or 650 sp1
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #10  
    Absolutely right on that one, dstruass. The politics was no doubt a huge factor, if not 99% of why they both have the same number.