Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Marc,

Can we get another update on PIM sync support? As a long time Chatter user (along with 20 other executives) I am trying to delay a decision by the IT department to move to the 700w's from 650's, specifically due to real time sync with Exchange.

Will your solution be integrated into the EX plug in or a separate app?
    Will it support two-way real time background push sync like the DirectPush ActiveSync update on WM5?
    Will it support all Exchange modules (mail, contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes)

You mentioned that calendar support would be first, is that still the case?
    Do you expect to relase a beta within a week?
    Will it support push?
    If so, would push still require a CDMA network?
    When will all of the PIM functions be supported?

Any information would be helpful at this point.

Thanks!
    Hi...

Don't know how it will be integrated yet.
    Yes to two-way sync
    Yes, eventually, to Exchange modules, but they'll come online one at a time

Yes, Calendar first
    I hope for a beta within a week
    It won't support push
    Push only works on Sprint/Verizon now. I am hopeful that Cingular will be available soon.

Not sure on dates.

Sorry I can't be more specific...

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Marc,

So, if we are on Sprint, push Calendar will not work in the beta release next week?

Thanks for the clarification.
    I don't expect calendar to have push for a month yet.

Marc
    not that I use Cingular at the moment, but I am curious to know why Cingular (and/or GSM) is not able to push 2 way exchange yet?
    Cingular blocks the push signals, whereas Sprint and Verizon don't. We're talking to them about solutions.

Marc
    Thanks for the update Marc,... I can't wait to try it!!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I don't expect calendar to have push for a month yet.

Marc
    yes, thank for the update. Since the first sync app will not offer push initially will it offer a user selectable scheduled sync? When push is available, will it also push changes back to exchange when they are made on the device in real time?
    Yes and yes.

Marc
  10.    #10  
    Marc,

As a work around for GSM networks, why don't you consider a triggered sync using hidden SMS like the original ActiveSync implementation? I believe most Exchange hosts/servers (like 4SmartPhone.net) still offer this as an option for older WM3 devices.

Or, would your application be able to "listen" for the same http trigger that Exchange sends out to the ActiveSync client on WM5? I'm not sure if this is possible.

What do you think? Wouldn't be true push (DirectPush is a triggered sync) but at least there would be an option for us GSM folks!
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Marc -

I'm using Goodlink now because I need the calendar/todo sync. The one thing I don't like is using their calendar and todo interface -- it's limiting. Will chatter have its own interace for the calendar/todo or will it put that date in the native Palm databases so I can use a 3rd party calendar like Agendus or DateBk?
    Haggar - Chatter's PIM sync will use the native PIM databases.

Wannatreo - I think we'll get a solution from Cingular. Who is your carrier?

Marc
  13.    #13  
    Haggar - Chatter's PIM sync will use the native PIM databases.

Wannatreo - I think we'll get a solution from Cingular. Who is your carrier?

Marc
    Some of our 650's are on Verizon, most with T-Mo though. We will probably just upgrade to the 700p's from Sprint once you are supporting more of the Exchange PIM functions. I want to stay away from WM5 at all costs. Sprints EVDO coverage seems very good.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Marc,

I'm interested in the PIM sync function. I'm curious about a couple of things:

1. I currently sync my Treo's calendar with my personal calendar in Outlook. I would really like for my the calendar that exists on my Treo to continue to sync with my computer, but have the option to selectively add calendar items from Exchange. Is this possible?

2. If the above isn't possible, can the calendar sync be setup to do a one way sync from exchange to the Palm PIM db?

Not sure if this makes sense, but I look forward to your response. Thanks.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
  15.    #15  
    Marc,

Any further updates on PIM support?

thanks
    anything in the works on PIM sync for Mac users?
    PIM sync is for wireless exchange server sync (at first); there's no plan to sync directly to any type of PC.

Marc
    PIM sync is for wireless exchange server sync (at first); there's no plan to sync directly to any type of PC.

Marc
    OK I assume that when you say PC you mean Mac too. Thanks for getting back to me Marc, chattermail is the greatest!
  19.    #19  
    Marc,

Any further updates on PIM support?

thanks
    Poor Marc. It's like I'm in the car with my kids. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" C'mon. He's a busy guy and he has a European vacation coming up. Give him a break!

Hey Marc, I can't wait for the PIM sync to my Exchange Server. I'm on T-Mobile. Are we there yet?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast