Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Smaller footprint, integrates automatically with 3rd party apps like 2day, more stable, nothing new to learn........
    What if you have a corporate contact list with hunderds of entries and Outlook with zillions of e-mails etc that you don't want on your personal Treo. However, you would like the ability to read e-mails and work calendar like you would from any PC using OWA.

After all, when one uses OWA, it does not integrate completely with the PC programs.

I guess, I am looking for a better (Chatter) interface to OWA functionality without mucking up my personal addressbook and calendar on the Treo.

To each his own. Unfortunately (for me), the integration seems to be the popular approach.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I'm glad to see that this project is still under development. I'm lickin my chops thinking about the productivity gains that will be realized by having my outlook contacts/tasks/meetings sync with my phone automagically.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Smaller footprint, integrates automatically with 3rd party apps like 2day, more stable, nothing new to learn........
    Hi,

I would like to "interfere" here:

While 2day and TAKEphONE will work with this if the info is tored in the built-in PIM databases, there is room for an alternative:

- If you build the sync to store data in the built-in PIM format, it should be fairly simple to add an option to store the data in the same format, but on a different file on the Palm device. This way users who want to seperate their own PIM/calendar data from the synced will be able to maintain two sets of data.

It will be very simple then for developers like myself (2day & TAKEphONE) or others (DateBk6, Agendus ...) to add the option for their app to work with either the "Palm" data, or your "Synced" data.

- If you choose to maintain the info in your own format - please publish the format, so we can try and adopt our apps to view/handle it.

Shimon
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  4.    #84  
    The project is active and a beta will be released soon. This beta will be stand alone. The final version will be merged with Chatter as a plug in and will support push.
    I would very much prefer a standalone database for Exchange data, much like Xpress Mail (or Sprint Business Connect) has.. with the superior UI and interface of Chatter, of course.

In a pinch, I _could_ accept the Exchange calendar to be the same as my Treo Palmone calendar database. The entries in my Exchange calendar, after all, pertain to my meetings and appointments.

However, my corporate addressbook has a few thousand entries!! (this is a major multinational company with listings all over the world). Replacing my Contacts on the Treo with the Exchange corporate data will make it unusable (it'll probably run out of memory!). Xpressmail lets you search the corporate addressbook as needed over the air to address e-mails.

Summary: To the PIM developers (and Marc, if you have some influence with them): Please don't force us to replace Palmone Contacts with Exchange Address Book.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345