Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Right about now I'm feeling sorry for Marc, who works like a demon 30/8/412 to support and upgrade a fabulous product. Marc, you need to be triplets).
  2.    #62  
    Marc,

Could you give us an update on PIM sync? Is the project still active?

Thanks!
    Yes, please write to support@moxsi.com for information about PIM sync...

Marc
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Yes, please write to support@moxsi.com for information about PIM sync...

Marc
    Done!!!
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  5.    #65  
    I have also contacted MOXSI.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I got a reply.
    developement updates coming soon via http://www.moxsi.com/forum/
    best,
    scott
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    I got a reply.
    developement updates coming soon via http://www.moxsi.com/forum/
    best,
    scott
    I got the same reply. Don't know if it means anything.

Marc, will you be marketing this application or will Moxsi, assuming it actually is still under development?
    I honestly don't know how it will be sold; the issue has never been discussed. Indeed, since the developer dropped from sight a few months back, I am almost completely in the dark.

Marc
  9.    #69  
    Moxsi has this topic set up in their forum:

xChangeSync Development Status
    Find out the latest status of the OWA Exchange PIM Sync Project.
    Moderator moxsi

Unfortunately there is no information posted.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    There's been an update!!!
    http://moxsi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125
  11.    #71  
    Marc,

Are you aware of this? Is any of this true?

please stay tuned for more details....

also, to manage expectations, .....i'm getting lots of email wanting to know a release date. this project has a few phases to go through before an official release date will be determinable.

a standalone BETA release will be released shortly. this BETA program will be quite different given the end goal of this project, ...which is NOT to have a standalone PIM sync application, but a chatter pluggin. this being the case, the application itself will be quite bland, and act as a testing harness for the core sync logic. the features (and priority of the features), will most likely be determined by the BETA testers. i assume that once the core sync logic is working well and marc feels a general acceptance amongst the users, we will begin integration into chatter.

Maybe we are getting a little closer...
    Yes, it's all true.

Marc
  13.    #73  
    Details are available. There seems to be an application under development that is close to a beta release. See the following:

http://www.moxsi.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

Maybe..just maybe...
    Last edited by wannatreo; 09/18/2006 at 11:57 AM.
  14.    #74  
    Another update and getting closer....

xChangeSync Development Status - 22 Sept 2006

BETA status

i finished up contacts PIM sync and the last 2 nights have been a lot of testing, fixing, and tweaking. actually, i probably have another night or so of testing and tweaking contacts. contacts are a little tricky due to the way palmOS likes to have lots of custom fields to save storage space and exchange has 548503485 fields to waste storage space.

i also, due to your comments, spent a little time looking into timezones. the old datebk (circa treo 600) did not support timezones, but the new datebk does. i will just need to spend a night to make sure this is behaving as desired.

i'm not going to be able to work on the BETA today/tonight. i plan to start work on forms based login this weekend. i still haven't investigated it yet, ...so i can't give a time estimate.

core components:
    - core sync engine - 100%
    - forms-based login - 0%

PIM components:
    - calendar PIM sync - 100%
    - tasks/todo PIM sync - 100%
    - memo/notes PIM sync - 100%
    - contacts PIM sync - 95%

application components:
    - logfile support - 0%

lastly....

i'll try and give status every 3~5 days now that this is getting close to release.
    I hope Chatter+Moxsi_PIM_sync with Exchange server will keep the Exchange data separate from the Palm One databases (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Memos).

That way I can keep my personal stuff on the Treo while having access to the office stuff via Chatter+Moxsi_PIM_Sync and not mixing these up.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    If they follow the nexchange model, it will be in the PalmOS built in databases. I personally would prefer it that way, but everyone has their own needs.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  17.    #77  
    updating the built in dataabase is the way to go. Getting excited again.
    I'd really like to see this. PalmOS is my preference over WM5, just for ease of use. But either the T-Mobile Dash or the unlocked 750 will likely take me to the Windows side of life. (I can't imagine in my wildest dreams that T-Mobile would actually carry the 750 in stock). I could/would stick with my 650 if I had the Chatter/Moxsi PIM sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo View Post
    updating the built in dataabase is the way to go. Getting excited again.
    Why?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Why?
    Smaller footprint, integrates automatically with 3rd party apps like 2day, more stable, nothing new to learn........
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast