Kid: "Are we there yet?"
    Parent: "almost."

And then you learn. Just like in War Games, the only right answer is not to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel
    And then you learn. Just like in War Games, the only right answer is not to play the game.
    Yup. Even though I really, really want to know the answer, too.
    Me too.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Me too.

Marc
    Classic.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    LOL! Perfect response....
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Marc, have you looked at Airset at all? It'd be awesome to hook up with them. They provide a sync service through Verizon (altho it's a paid service for $6 a month I believe), but they provide a free desktop app that syncs your outlook to your airset account.
    No, I haven't, but I will.

Marc
    Good to see its progressing well. I would like to dump VersaMail and paying for Enterprise Version of ChatterMail is fine but only when it can support PIM and Email sync.
    I don't think it will be soon at this point. The developer of the PIM suite is having lots of problems (unrelated to this), and his schedule is pretty much unknown.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I don't think it will be soon at this point. The developer of the PIM suite is having lots of problems (unrelated to this), and his schedule is pretty much unknown.

Marc
    I think I get the picture. Hey, if its a matter of greasing the wheels you should've just said so. That's why Big Daddy's here...

So whatsit gonna take?... $20?... $50?... OK.. a full C note! And there's another one waiting for you when the jobs done.

No problem guys.... I'm just glad I can help.

Tony
    I truly wish it were something that money would solve!

Marc
    Ok I'll throw in another $20. You sly devil.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    LOL!
    This site is worth just the couple of laughs I get every so often...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Sorry to hear that Marc. If the PIM Suite developer cannot meet the deadlines or give a time table do you have an alternative developer who can pickup where the current one is and move forward.
    Marc, why not just write it yourself (in the evenings and weekends)? :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    By weekends, are you referring to days other than the standard seven?

Marc
    Sounds like Marc is a 24x7x365 shop with little free time. I do want the true push email but I also need to sync my PIM data as well I just don't want VersaMail.
  19.    #59  
    Marc, can you release whatever he has completed at this point? You mentioned on your forum that Calender sync was working well. Would you consider putting email development on hold in order to release basic PIM sync support?

First the promise of NextSync and now this......will a wireless sync application ever be developed for this platform that doesn't require a desktop redirector? While the 700w works with Exchange, WM5 is just too slow and the memory leaks make it too difficult to support. We have some test uniits in the field and receive several calls per day complaining of out of memory errors.

After doing some research, here is what we found as possible alternatives:

SyncML Palm client (which does sync with 4smartphone.net hosted Exchange): http://www.synthesis.ch/news.php?lang=e&nkey=14

Setup instructions: http://www.palmsolo.com/2006/04/28/s...hange-service/

This Exchange host requires NO desktop redirector: http://www.mcommunitas.com/main/default.htm
    (I have personally used this on the 650 and it works quite well with push but you are locked in to them as your host).

Obviously, there is a huge need and opportunity for this type of application which would work with any OWA host.

Sorry, I'm just very frustrated from the long wait and now this news.
    Last edited by wannatreo; 07/31/2006 at 09:03 AM.
    I'm waiting like everyone else -- this functionality is such a no-brainer, I think it's weird it's taken this long to get this type of momentum.

Any feedback from the www.airset.com folks?

I did get some feedback email from them -- posted in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=airset

But here's an interesting thought -- I thought I saw somewhere here in TC that JAVA was installed the ROM successfully using the RomTool. If someone could get that to work reliably, then maybe airset's java client would work? Anyone?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast