Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not yet! But I do think there will be an entire suite of PIM sync features coming over the next month or two. Calendar first, then contacts, then others (tasks, notes).

Marc
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Not yet! But I do think there will be an entire suite of PIM sync features coming over the next month or two. Calendar first, then contacts, then others (tasks, notes).

Marc

That's great news, Marc! And PUSH will be supported for each function via a Verizon or Sprint 650/700p?
    Yes, that should work. Hopefully Cingular too.

Marc
  4.    #24  
    Yes, that should work. Hopefully Cingular too.

Marc

When????????????
    Please forgive my Naivate/lack of knowledge, but as BBConnect doesn't appear to be coming anytime soon to the 700p, and I'm jonsing to use the device (it's sitting unopened for now), I'm thinking Chatter may be the way to go.

Had some questions on how Chatter works and want to see if I understand things correctly:

1) if I have access to Outlook webmail, Chatter will access and act just like BB in terms of push email functionality (I'm on Sprint).
    2) If delete from device it will/can delete from server and vice versa?
    3) How are attachments handled? Will it auto-handoff to open in docs to go?
    4) PIM info currently not included (but coming), this means:
    4a) calendar invites won't go into calendar and/or cant be sent from Chatter?
    4b) can't look up corp. contacts that aren't stored in Treo Contacts list to send emails to.

Forgive me, but didn't see some of these in the FAQ at the Chatter site and I'd have to uninstall BBC to get space on my 650 to trial. Don't want to do that, as it was a bear to install the first time and is working great right now. Again, though, I'd love to fire up the 700P I bought, but can't go back to a redirect service like BCPE once I've had the blackberry push in place.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    As I am using and understand things..

1) YES... as long as your server is set up correctly.
    2) Yes
    3) You pull down the attachment when you want and it will open in Docs to go.
    4a) Right now you can see calendar invites and accept, but they won't wirelessly update the calendar on the Treo. Marc has indicated above that the beta for this should be out sometime in the next few weeks. We are all waiting like kids in the candy store.
    4b) Don't know... hopefully eventually

The other nice thing about this solution is that you don't have a recurring cost for it.

BTW... Marc's support is UNBELIEVABLE. And this has been a a wonderful product to use.
    I'm looking into 4b. 4a will come with calendar sync (beta soon).

Marc
    Thanks for quick turnaround. It certainly sounds like Chatter would work for me!
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  9.    #29  
    Thought I would check in again and see if Marc has any more information regarding the timing of a sync beta release?
  10.    #30  
    any further news on the sync project? Thanks!
  11.    #31  
    Is this project still under development?
    Yes, things are moving along very well, I'm told (I'm NOT doing the development myself). I expect to see some non-integrated functionality (i.e. working but not integrated with ChatterEmail) in a public beta within a few weeks.

Marc
  13.    #33  
    are we still talking about Calendar support and pull sync only initially?
    We're talking about calendar first, then contacts and notes. Pull first and then push.

Marc
    We're talking about calendar first, then contacts and notes. Pull first and then push.

Marc
    Tasks -- included or not in the new product?
    Eventually.

Marc
  17.    #37  
    Yes, things are moving along very well, I'm told (I'm NOT doing the development myself). I expect to see some non-integrated functionality (i.e. working but not integrated with ChatterEmail) in a public beta within a few weeks.

Marc

So the idea is that ALL of the sync functionality with Exchange will be built in to ChatterEmail directly?

Do you think we will see something before the end of this month, originally you had mentioned June for the beta release?
  18.    #38  
    Marc, can we get a better timing update on this project? Thanks.
    if possible, i would like to know when this will be available as well
  20.    #40  
    Marc, are you still there?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast