Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I thought my 6700 was activated, I could have swore I just turned it on. I don't even know anymore, silly season has taken a toll.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    When is the last time you did it? Swapping is not a problem - enabling a new phone is. I was not charged the $36 "upgrade" fee last August, but was charged for a new phone upgrade in December. I called and had that credited back. They are also getting more picky about it.

But an ESN swap is still a freebie.
    The most recent swap was 2 months ago. Changed out my wifes Sanyo flip phone for a new Treo 650. No charge at all for changing phones ON THE SAME NUMBER. Maybe thats where the confusion is. For those of us who already have a Sprint line, there should be no chanrge for swaping the ESN on THE SAME NUMBER. Provisioning is just the process of getting the new phone onto the network, with your existing account information. Again, there should be no charge for this either.

Of course, getting a NEW ACCOUNT is a differant story.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I thought my 6700 was activated, I could have swore I just turned it on. I don't even know anymore, silly season has taken a toll.
    It was activated before you got it Jimmie, as was mine...
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    I just called Sprint to ask that very question. The nice lady on the phone said that I would have to buy either from Sprint or Radio Shack. But! We all know how CSR's can occassionally be wrong...
    I ordered mine from Palm and I talked to a very helpful rep and explained what I was doing, she was nice enough to put a $75 service credit on my next bill. So it is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghildebr
    If I buy my phone from the Palm site, will I be elegable for the $75 or $150 rebate from Sprint for purchasing a new phone?
    I just bought from the Palm site after talking to a retention rep. I asked the rep this very question and she said no but that she would simply credit my sprint account the $75 I was losing by buying from palm.

Just be really nice when you are talking to the retention rep.

John
    The activation/provisioning fee is something that Sprint had changed recently (several months ago if I remember correctly). I think RS was the one retailer where you can get around the charge without a fight. I am pretty sure that just about everywhere else they charge - that is not to say you are not able to fight the charge.....

By the way - it's actually $36 now..
    I am confused. If I just do and ESN swap with my new 700P and keep the same plan I am on right now with my 650, will I not get EVDO?

I'd love to keep the $100/2000 unlimited SMS familyshare plan I am on right now but I thought switching to powervision would require a plan change.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    I am confused. If I just do and ESN swap with my new 700P and keep the same plan I am on right now with my 650, will I not get EVDO?

I'd love to keep the $100/2000 unlimited SMS familyshare plan I am on right now but I thought switching to powervision would require a plan change.
    You will get EVDO without having to change your plan.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    You will get EVDO without having to change your plan.
    I hope you are right who will be the first to try this?
    With respect...the people on here that seem to be tech googles, and there is a question of what to do with a new phone from palm in accordinance to plans, activation or what ever etc...??? Am I missing something. I have heard does the logo come on the phone...ask palm when you ordered the phone...anything, just to post...not saying that is wrong here on crackcentral...I definitely need to go to detox (wife)
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    I hope you are right who will be the first to try this?
    Vision, Power Vision, SMS, etc. are all plan add-on's and have nothing to do with your monthly minute plans. You will add the $15/mo. PV to your existing plan without changing anything or messing with your contract date. We promise!
    I think you have to call Taco Bell to get it activated.

(sorry...couldn't resist)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I think you have to call Taco Bell to get it activated.

(sorry...couldn't resist)
    LMAO...
    at&t iPhone3G
  14.    #34  
    lol, I've been craving Mexican food all day because of this.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    lol, I've been craving Mexican food all day because of this.
    You wouldn't happpen to be in the San Diego area...
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    Vision, Power Vision, SMS, etc. are all plan add-on's and have nothing to do with your monthly minute plans. You will add the $15/mo. PV to your existing plan without changing anything or messing with your contract date. We promise!
    What if I dont want Power Vision? why cant I just keep my regular unlimited Vision? I pretty happy with the speed of regular Vision, I not sure if $15 is worth the extra speed. I just want to do a basic ESN SWAP without adding Power Vision. Is that possible?
    oh man, id kill to get the handset replacement credit, did you guys play a specific angle to get it? My retentions lady straight up told me no... and since I hadn't seen anyone with success, I didn't press... but I WILL be calling back
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12