1.    #1  
    I have a Treo650. Goodlink appears to be connected. I have verified that I can go on the web via Blazer, so I know the web is working on the phone. Goodlink reports "DATA" and full bars. Status say it's connected, but nothing happens. I have emails in my inbox (I can see them in Outlook Web Access) but they are not getting to the phone. I even sent an email and it appears in the "sent items" but it's not getting to the server or really being sent (I didn't get it at the destination).

Any idea what is going on? I have a hosted account with Mailstreet and they seem to be clueless saying that everything appears to be fine with Goodlink on their end.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper
    I have a Treo650. Goodlink appears to be connected. I have verified that I can go on the web via Blazer, so I know the web is working on the phone. Goodlink reports "DATA" and full bars. Status say it's connected, but nothing happens. I have emails in my inbox (I can see them in Outlook Web Access) but they are not getting to the phone. I even sent an email and it appears in the "sent items" but it's not getting to the server or really being sent (I didn't get it at the destination).

Any idea what is going on? I have a hosted account with Mailstreet and they seem to be clueless saying that everything appears to be fine with Goodlink on their end.
    In the GoodLink Inbox, when you hit 'S', does it do a send and receive?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    In the GoodLink Inbox, when you hit 'S', does it do a send and receive?
    It does, but nothing happens. No error message that it didn't connect.

Mailstreet had me do a reprov at the command line and that didn't work so now I have to do a hard reset according to mailstreet.

What is really strange is now that darn email that I sent out that appeared to get sent (but didn't) finally showed up in my inbox at the destination it was sent to.

It would really tick me off if Mailstreet did have a problem and figured it out 2 seconds after I did a hard reset!

And for future reference, I did have a backup on my SD card, which when I went to download from good, it found upon installation. How does one go about restoring from backup rather than doing a hard reset? Is that possbile?
    Last edited by seaflipper; 05/23/2006 at 12:13 PM.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Sounds like a mailstreet issue somewhere.

As for the back-up, reprov uses the backed up data. after a hard reset, the GoodLink Install checks the card for a back-up and uses it for the install.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    sounds like mailstreet patched their exchange server

but didnt run the goodlink fix on it
    I see this from time to time where is seems that the pipe just stalls. Doesn't happen often enough to be annoying and I can't tell if it's a server or client issue. Turning the phone off and then on again clears it up.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    I see this from time to time where is seems that the pipe just stalls. Doesn't happen often enough to be annoying and I can't tell if it's a server or client issue. Turning the phone off and then on again clears it up.
    In my case that didn't work. I cycled the phone, soft reset the phone, took out my SIM card for a few minutes...did all the things that could possibly indicate it was a netowork issue on Cingular side (even though I knew it wasn't) and none of that worked.

I think it was most certainly a Mailstreet issue. A real pain in the neck to do a hard reset - but easy enough to get everything back on my phone when I got home and hot synced again...