Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

    I decided to "sit out" on the 650 and am now planning my upgrade to the 700p. My Handspring Treo 600 has served well over the last few years, but it's time for it to retire. As I contemplate the upgrade, I thought it might be nice to start a thread focused on the 600 to 700 upgrade. If there's already a similar thread (couldn't find one), let me know.

    Okay, a few planning questions:

    1. I'm on Sprint and want to get the best deal I can on the services (who doesn't?). I'm not sure what the name of my plan is, but my wife and I share 3500 minutes on two phones (her phone is not a Treo), with the $15/month Vision data plan. I've enjoyed unlimited data and SMS. What plan is comparable in the EVDO world?

    2. What upgrade promotions should I ask for when upgrading? A quick phone call to the store on Monday revealed that I have some kind of $150 "loyalty rebate" since I've had the same phone for 2 1/2 years. We used a similar loyalty promotion to upgrade my wife's phone late last year. Are there any other promotions to ask for in addition to the loyalty one and the one for doing a two year renewal?

    3. I've been lucky with this phone and did not purchase (or need) the replacement plan. Thoughts on that this go around?

    4. Okay, where's the best place to buy the 700? Should I use my local Sprint store, order it over the phone, use an online vendor (like TreoCentral), or go to a generic phone store (like Wireless Toyz)? Are they all about the same or does one cut better deals than the other?

    5. Okay, once I have my phone any "best practices" on how to port over my programs? Key applications include: Docs to Go, Agendus, Pocket Tunes, Splash Wallet, Bible+, AvantGo, eReader, Snappermail, and The Athlete's Diary.

    Thanks,

    Joe
  2. naivete's Avatar
    Posts
    636 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #2  
    Maybe you can grab a 650 on the cheap and then trade it in for the 700p.
  3. #4  
    If you get a 700p and you want to use the data, you HAVE to get the EVDO plan, even if you don't have EVDO. So, either upgrade to a now cheaper 650, or be ready for a monthly price increase.
  4. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedom

    2. What upgrade promotions should I ask for when upgrading? A quick phone call to the store on Monday revealed that I have some kind of $150 "loyalty rebate" since I've had the same phone for 2 1/2 years. We used a similar loyalty promotion to upgrade my wife's phone late last year. Are there any other promotions to ask for in addition to the loyalty one and the one for doing a two year renewal?

    Can anyone confirm that you can both use the $150 "loyalty rebate" and the two year contract renewal? Wouldn't that make the total saved equal to $450 or so?
  5. #7  
    Anyone care to respond?
  6. #8  
    Info is in other threads...see post 111

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=6&pp=20
  7. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Info is in other threads...see post 111

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=6&pp=20

    OK, I had the same question as the OP and read the thread referenced above and still have a question.

    OK, The 700P is $399 with a new 2year contract on an existing line. Does my $150 'New For You' instant rebate for replacing a phone over 2years old also apply bringing the price down to $249?
  8. #10  
    I have many of the same questions about upgrading from the 600, but there are not covered in other threads...I see a lot of device upgrade info, but no help on the best way to get the 700p the cheapest, when upgrading from the 600.
  9. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne
    OK, I had the same question as the OP and read the thread referenced above and still have a question.

    OK, The 700P is $399 with a new 2year contract on an existing line. Does my $150 'New For You' instant rebate for replacing a phone over 2years old also apply bringing the price down to $249?

    I want to know this answer too. Is everyone sure that an existing customer, who renews there expired contract qualifies for the $399 price? I've read differing opinions on this forum.
  10. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TFloyd
    I have many of the same questions about upgrading from the 600, but there are not covered in other threads...I see a lot of device upgrade info, but no help on the best way to get the 700p the cheapest, when upgrading from the 600.
    I don't the phone really makes a difference. Same rules should apply whether you have a 600, 650 or some LG phone...

    If you sign with a new carrier, you'll probably get the best deal, since it's subsidized. Otherwise, it's a length of contract issue.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne
    OK, I had the same question as the OP and read the thread referenced above and still have a question.

    OK, The 700P is $399 with a new 2year contract on an existing line. Does my $150 'New For You' instant rebate for replacing a phone over 2years old also apply bringing the price down to $249?

    I still don't think this question has been addressed. Past posts from other threads say your price can go as low as $399 due to a 2 year contract (renewal or starting fresh) deal that pays $250. I think that is clear.

    But what about people who have been Sprint customers long enough to quality for $150 off on a new phone from keeping the past phone so long, and whose contract has since expired? Can these people apply that $150 to the already reduced price of $399 to bring the total price of a 700p with a 2 year contract down to $249?
  12. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    I still don't think this question has been addressed. Past posts from other threads say your price can go as low as $399 due to a 2 year contract (renewal or starting fresh) deal that pays $250. I think that is clear.

    But what about people who have been Sprint customers long enough to quality for $150 off on a new phone from keeping the past phone so long, and whose contract has since expired? Can these people apply that $150 to the already reduced price of $399 to bring the total price of a 700p with a 2 year contract down to $249?
    No.

    650 regular price. $150 is either the new for your rebate or the new line/new customer (in either case its a 2-year contract). The additional $100 is another bonus they're giving new customers for signing a 2 year contract. At this point, I don't think its clear that someone upgrading their phone is even getting the additional $100. There's no way anyone is getting both $150s off.
  13. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    No.


    Getting a concise direct response is so hard on this forum.

    Thank you your help oddlou.
  14. #16  
    Yw.
  15. #17  
    I am a 600 owner who will be upgrading. I spoke to Sprint retention on Tuesday, and I got $100 service credit on my acct, and will get the $150 instant rebate when I actually get my hands on the phone. This effectively makes the cost $399 for an existing out of contract Sprint customer willing to enter a new 2 yr agreement. I also got additional minutes for less $, with an additional 15% off the plan. Overall my monthly expense will drop despite EVDO and having to apy for some SMS.
  16. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    I am a 600 owner who will be upgrading. I spoke to Sprint retention on Tuesday, and I got $100 service credit on my acct, and will get the $150 instant rebate when I actually get my hands on the phone. This effectively makes the cost $399 for an existing out of contract Sprint customer willing to enter a new 2 yr agreement. I also got additional minutes for less $, with an additional 15% off the plan. Overall my monthly expense will drop despite EVDO and having to apy for some SMS.
    I'm in the exact same situation (Sprint Treo 600 user with 30 minutes of talk time max on my old internal battery).

    Why'd you decide to order from Sprint as opposed to Verizon or Palm?
  17. #19  
    Work your best deal -- wherever you can get it!

    Only one caution -- Verizon vs. Sprint -- (as always, coverage before price) but if Sprint coverage meets your needs -- your data savings with Sprint can add up to big bucks over a 2 year contract.

    Cheers, Perry.
  18. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoInCollege
    I'm in the exact same situation (Sprint Treo 600 user with 30 minutes of talk time max on my old internal battery).

    Why'd you decide to order from Sprint as opposed to Verizon or Palm?
    Sprint's coverage in my area is excellent (Central and Northern New Jersey), and the price is better than Verizon. Not to mention that I have 4 lines, whicj makes switching them all cumbersome. The contracts are staggered.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions