Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Thanks to all who replied. Although this thread quickly got off topic from my original inquiry (I guess most threads do), the advice in the first few reponses was very helpful. I'm the proud owner of a new Treo 700p and have succesfully moved over my apps, including Agendus. It's a really nice device. Thread closed.
    Anyone remember if the SplashID bundled with the T600 come with a registration key. I want to use it on my 700P. It's been so long ago, I can't remember if I needed to enter a key nor where to get it. Is it somewhere on the 600's CD or am I SOL and need to register again?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Bump....for the SplashID request.

I'm trying to find my registration information for SplashID and can't find it. Was SplashID (w/o the desktop application) free with the 600? Was the registration key included with the 600?
    I have been a Sprint customer for about 5 years and have a regular bill of $200 to $250.

I called, said I wanted to cancel (which I was willing to do) and got talked into signing a new two year agreement with the same number of minutes and a monthly savings of $75.

As part of that I paid $35 for my Treo, including taxes, but not including shipping!

I got a $400 service credit towards a Treo, a $150 credit for signing a new two-year agreement, the store was offering an additional $100 off a new treo and I was given a $25 credit because it took more than an hour to transfer phone line to my new phone at the store.

The price is unbelievable, but the experience at the store was maddening since it was exactly why I was inclined to cancel in the first place....

I could have traded in my 600 for $50 (I think that's what they were offering for the 600) but decided to either sell on eBay for $100 or so or to add an additional line $10 (or $7.5 with the discount applied on my plan) and keep it as a backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    Bump....for the SplashID request.

I'm trying to find my registration information for SplashID and can't find it. Was SplashID (w/o the desktop application) free with the 600? Was the registration key included with the 600?
    I guess I wasn't the only one with this predicament. I got tired of waiting for a response. Here's what I deduced: SplshID bundled with 600 only works on the 600 (no reg key required) and does not come with desktop companion; to use on other devices, it becomes a trial version (must be a code in the app that looks for hardware info) - need to register for use on 700P.

I have a free PasswordsPlus app that I acquired from Handango freebie offers (thanks to this board) a while ago but never tried. So I switched since it works just fine. Cannot tell you which one is better in functionality but the UI of PasswordsPlus is more updated (5way works) and has a desktop conduit. I'm good to go.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I too was concern about having SplashID and no reg. #. So anticipating upgrading to the 700, I bit the bullet several months ago and paid for the full blown version with the desktop. I have all of my password and pins etc in the app. I just saw myself upgrading and then not being able to get to the info in the app when I needed it.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I ungraded from T 600 to T 700 P just like you.
    Splash ID works perfectly with T 700 P.
    If you do a clean install as advised above, go to your backupold file and click on splash ID. After you hot synch you will have the orginal trial version for 30 days that came with your T600. If you want to use the full version which includes the desktop, you will need your registration code. If you do not have it, try emailing splash id.
    Best of luck.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12