1.    #1  
    As the title says...this is a question for those that are more programmer savvy than I am. I am comfortable modifying ROMS, and have been doing so since the first ROM's were extracted by Shadowmite. So i would consider myself a fairly knowledgeable user. The question is, will the existing ROM Tools work with the 700p. I know right off the bat that i'm going to want to get rid of Versamail and the Welcome Tour, etc.

Anyone know if the bootloader structure has changed, and whether or not we'll be able to create custom ROM's right away?
    Hi SailRace !!

I assume, if the current tools do not work, they will be modified. However, with 60mb of user memory vs. the current 23mb -- I am not sure the need is there any longer. I am in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mode on this one.

Cheers, Perry.
    I don't think it's a matter of space, rather a matter of getting rid of all the crap.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Insertion is exactly right. It's not about needing the xtra memory. I've got my 650 running with 12.5 MB free....so i'm not so worried about the space.

But i hate having all that extra crap on the machine if i don't use it or need it....i just like to be streamlined.
    For me:

Fear of Custom Rom and bricking my handheld > the need to clean.

Cheers, Perry.
    I'm pretty sure it doing it the way outlined in the custom ROM for dummies thread will work with the 700P. I'd like to take Documents to Go, Pocket Tunes and some of the Sprint stuff out of the ROM.
  7.    #7  
    I guess the real question i have, if using the bootloader RomTool, will the 650 drivers work on the 700.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm happy to be a bit of a Guinea Pig....
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I'm pretty sure it doing it the way outlined in the custom ROM for dummies thread will work with the 700P. I'd like to take Documents to Go, Pocket Tunes and some of the Sprint stuff out of the ROM.
    I'm pretty sure if Matts Tool works w/ the 700p (New Thread)
    It would be highly advisable to use his RomTool, and Only his Tool.
    That 'Custom Rom for Dummies' Thread, though a value to the Custom Rom world, Is not the prefered way anymore.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm planning on updating the tool for the 700p once I get a hold of one.... Should be a straightforward update.
  10.    #10  
    Good man, mmastrac. That's great to hear. I figured you would, but never hurts to spearhead the endeavor.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance - like i said, i'm happy to be a guinea pig.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    I'm planning on updating the tool for the 700p once I get a hold of one.... Should be a straightforward update.
    Well there you go.
    Now somebody get me a 700p Rom!
    Just call me Berd.