Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I've been out of the country for the last 9 days an missed out on the whole palm 700p release. I just checked out palm's site and I have a very hard time seeing any major improvements between the 650 and 700p other than more memory. I didn't see a new OS or Wifi so whats the big deal here? It look exactly like the 700w running the old Palm OS we've grown to hate. Should I even be remotly interestedin buying the 700p when I have a 650? It looks like that thread in 650 about a major upgrade are a hoax lol if they were true the upgraded 650 would be way more attractive than the 700p they didn't even bring the 700p on par with the 700w feature wise.
    well since u were out for last 9 days, u should be reminded..... SEARCH THIS FORUM FIRST FOR ANSWERS. This simple step shouldnt be forgotten within 9 days.Good luck.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by blee4
    I've been out of the country for the last 9 days an missed out on the whole palm 700p release. I just checked out palm's site and I have a very hard time seeing any major improvements between the 650 and 700p other than more memory. I didn't see a new OS or Wifi so whats the big deal here? It look exactly like the 700w running the old Palm OS we've grown to hate. Should I even be remotly interestedin buying the 700p when I have a 650? It looks like that thread in 650 about a major upgrade are a hoax lol if they were true the upgraded 650 would be way more attractive than the 700p they didn't even bring the 700p on par with the 700w feature wise.
    Hi blee4 !!

It appears that you have made your comparison and did not find what you were looking for. . . . (WiFi and a new OS) . . . . based on those criteria -- I would keep the 650.

Cheers, Perry.
    I'm keeping my 650.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    EVDO and additional memory must not be important to you. If not I would stay with the 650.
    I agree that its not a huge improvement, but to me it's worth an upgrade for the EVDO's crazy download speeds. Sprint has a lot of cool stuff on evdo like Sprint tv. I saw a video of it on 700p and it looks like a normal tv as for framerate; seems like it has lots of channels too. I hope I can get XM radio on it; that would be cool to. It has lots of good software bundled too. goodlink p-tunes and documents to go.

good stuff but this upgrade seems overdue to me. It should have came out with the 700w. comintg out now seems like its sorta old tec.
    dont forget the 1.3mp cam
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    well since u were out for last 9 days, u should be reminded..... SEARCH THIS FORUM FIRST FOR ANSWERS. This simple step shouldnt be forgotten within 9 days.Good luck.
    As a clarification, GoodLink is not bundled with with the 700P.
    Also, correct me if I am wrong, but Sprint EVDO will behave like Cingular now in that calls will come through while on an active data connection (which will be suspended). That is big news to me as a Sprint 650 user who looses many calls.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    I agree that its not a huge improvement, but to me it's worth an upgrade for the EVDO's crazy download speeds. Sprint has a lot of cool stuff on evdo like Sprint tv. I saw a video of it on 700p and it looks like a normal tv as for framerate; seems like it has lots of channels too. I hope I can get XM radio on it; that would be cool to. It has lots of good software bundled too. goodlink p-tunes and documents to go.

good stuff but this upgrade seems overdue to me. It should have came out with the 700w. comintg out now seems like its sorta old tec.
    dont forget the 1.3mp cam
    ...a 1.3mp camera that takes WORSE pics than our 650's. Not saying I'm NOT upgrading. Just *****ing to *****. I think they should have left the old camera in until 1.3 catches up with 2nd generation VGA.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi blee4 !!

It appears that you have made your comparison and did not find what you were looking for. . . . (WiFi and a new OS) . . . . based on those criteria -- I would keep the 650.

Cheers, Perry.
    Can we all agree that from now on...when someone whines about what the 700p doesn't have that we can quote this post from Perry? No offense to brownie -- but 7 paragraphs of response (elsewhere in the forums) to say what Mr. P said in 1 simple statement just doesn't compare.

I think that the "P" in Perry's 700P will stand for "Pithy"...
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak
    Also, correct me if I am wrong, but Sprint EVDO will behave like Cingular now in that calls will come through while on an active data connection (which will be suspended). That is big news to me as a Sprint 650 user who looses many calls.

This has been covered, but in short your answer is "Maybe", we have to see what settings are user accessible to make what you want happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...a 1.3mp camera that takes WORSE pics than our 650's. Not saying I'm NOT upgrading. Just *****ing to *****. I think they should have left the old camera in until 1.3 catches up with 2nd generation VGA.
    OT: Happy Birthday.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-