1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm a new user, and I did search through to see if there was an answer to my question, so apologies if I did miss one.

Anyway, my company issued me with a 650 on Friday, and I initially got it connected to my work PC via USB and installed a couple of apps, just to get everything up and running. Our IT department then took the phone to install Goodlink onto it, which they did (what a superb piece of software by the way), but they also did a hard reset of the device before starting. Now, if I try to connect my 650 to my work PC it just won't recognise it. I've tried uninstalling the desktop software and starting again, but that's made no difference.

Is it that Goodlink somehow blocks connection via USB, or am I just being very dumb? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    GoodLink doesn't block USB or any cradleing activities. Did your company by any chance also deploy Good Mobile Defense?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply!

I can't see any mention of an app called Good Mobile Defense. Would it be obvious, or do I need to go looking for it?
    It would be obvious. Outside of that, I can't think of any reason you would not be able to sync.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks GoodGuy.

I guess that means I just have a Hotsync problem then. It must be something to do with the fact that I set the Treo on my work PC once, then it had a hard reset, and now the PC refuses to recognise it. Ummm, I guess I need to do more searching of the forum.
    Check to be sure that hotsync is running in the system tray. That is more likely your problem. Unplug the cradle/cable from the PC, wait, wait, wait a little more, and then plug it back in. Windows should recognize the cradle/cable and then hotsync should work. BTW, you will need to choose your user name, since the phone no longer knows who you are.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
  7.    #7  
    Unfortunately I've tried all that, as well as removing the Palm software completely, restarting the PC and starting over again, but still no luck.

I'm going to try and connect it to my home pc this evening, at least I'll be able to install some apps. if I'm successful.