Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.informationweek.com/indus...tical+Industry

On informationweek it states that
    The Treo 700p doesn't offer a feature like the BlackBerry's push E-mail, although that can be purchased from some of Palm's partners. The 700p does include a built-in application that can be scheduled to pull E-mail out of a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 every few minutes. But unlike the BlackBerry's push E-mail service, it doesn't require companies to purchase proprietary middleware.
    Does anyone know what partners sell directpush for the 700p?
    I checked into dataviz but it looks like its not directpush
    www.good.com - but it's a corporate app, not a personal one (unless you can get hooked up to a hosted exchange account).
    I believe that they are referring to products like Chatter.
    I have Direct push via ChatterEmail+ (for personal accounts using IMAP) and the CE+ "EX Plugin" for Exchange email (work accounts). Messages from the work account almost always arrive to my Treo 600 faster than they arrive at my blackberry (which I will be returning shortly to the IT department, because it's obsolete for me. Only current limitation is you cannot (currently) create or respond to meeting invites using ChatterEmail EX. That functionality is in development.

New version released today is tested to work with the 700p :
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060522/20060522005775.html?.v=1

http://www.chatteremail.com/
    Chattermail is an awesome program. I use it to get filtered online ads. It has worked problem free for me using a trio of free AIM IMAP email accounts (work, personal, subscriptions)

I usually get the ads pushed to my Treo before they go live on the web, which allows me to score free LCD and Plasma screens and good deals on cars and motorcycles.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Chatter's EX plug in DOES NOT currently support the rest of the PIM functions of Exchange (contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes). It only supports email. Hopefully an update will be released that goes beyond email and supports two-way sync like DirectPush.
    BBConnect. works flawless with sprint.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Sprint has Business Connection Enterprise Edition that does push. I often get messages on my 650 before Outlook gets them.
    - Fushigi
    Chatter is great, I'll be using it on my Treo 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Chatter works flawlessly with an IMAP email account that supports the IDLE command.
    I have all my email accounts setup with chatter. Gmail, .mac, aol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    The only downside to Chatter and an IMAP account is the increased battery drain.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    It does take a toll on battery, but not too much. I got the seidio 2400 extended battery a few weeks ago and battery life is not an issue at all.
    Jimmie Geddes
  14.    #14  
    The entire idea of directpush is to not pay another 40 dollars a month, or I would have purchased a blackberry, I want to use the directpush technology so I can save 40 per month per device..
    Blackberry is crazy to charge that much money for directpush.
    I do know that I heard that other companies are licensing the directpush technology at a onetime fee to the consumers for the products not a monthly service fee of 40 per month ie Blackberry.
    So what my company is looking for is to utilize our Exchange server for directpush with all the treo's that we have in house.
    Gibby -- Not sure if you are pushing back regarding the bbconnnect response or the chatter recommendations.

Chatter is a one time cost (depending on wheter your Exchange servers allows IMAP access, the retail cost per device would be less than $40 or $60-- without allowing for any volume discount which might apply). The only monthly recurring fees would be what your provider charges for data access. Another benefit with chatter are no additional hardware on your end-- Exhchange Servers and current in-house treos are all you need. Did you click through the press release link above?
    Can chattermail push pop3 as well as imap?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo
    Chatter's EX plug in DOES NOT currently support the rest of the PIM functions of Exchange (contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes). It only supports email. Hopefully an update will be released that goes beyond email and supports two-way sync like DirectPush.
    Besides Goodlink, are there other aps for the Palm that will "directpush" your PIM info?
    Pop accounts cannot push. You would have to use chatteremail's "scheduled pull" to retreive mail. I still use 1 pop account which I have pulled every 20 minutes or so, which is close enough to real time for my purposes (for that account anyway).

John
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    Pop accounts cannot push. You would have to use chatteremail's "scheduled pull" to retreive mail. I still use 1 pop account which I have pulled every 20 minutes or so, which is close enough to real time for my purposes (for that account anyway).

John
    I suppose you could call that directshove, instead of directpush?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Besides Goodlink, are there other aps for the Palm that will "directpush" your PIM info?
    Yes.

I guess you want me to tell them to you.

One factor is if you are using Exchange or Notes

Intellisync (recently purchased by Nokia), Seven, Smartner (part of Seven), Visto, Extended Systems (purchased by Sybase), to name a few. I think Oracle has a product as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast