Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Yes.

I guess you want me to tell them to you.

One factor is if you are using Exchange or Notes

Intellisync (recently purchased by Nokia), Seven, Smartner (part of Seven), Visto, Extended Systems (purchased by Sybase), to name a few. I think Oracle has a product as well.
    Okay...anyone who calls this guy a Shill is gunna have to face the music with me...thanks Goodguy. You're a...well...good guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    Pop accounts cannot push. You would have to use chatteremail's "scheduled pull" to retreive mail. I still use 1 pop account which I have pulled every 20 minutes or so, which is close enough to real time for my purposes (for that account anyway).

John
    Can't VersaMail be scheduled as well? If I'm going to be using Pop, are there an advantages to going with ChatterMail over VersaMail?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    LOL!

"Direct Push" is a marketing term used by Microsoft for their version of push email... it is not the same as BB push or IMAP push... so when people talk about "Direct Push" it is in reference to the Exchange Activesync Direct Push capability... and yes... it is more than just email.. also includes immediate sync of contact/calendar/task changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    LOL!

"Direct Push" is a marketing term used by Microsoft for their version of push email... it is not the same as BB push or IMAP push... so when people talk about "Direct Push" it is in reference to the Exchange Activesync Direct Push capability... and yes... it is more than just email.. also includes immediate sync of contact/calendar/task changes.
    The key, though, is the MS ActiveSync Direct Push is not available for the 700P, though the older, AutoUpdate version will be, but it does not wirelessly sync all PIM information.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    Pop accounts cannot push. You would have to use chatteremail's "scheduled pull" to retreive mail. I still use 1 pop account which I have pulled every 20 minutes or so, which is close enough to real time for my purposes (for that account anyway).

John

I suppose you could call that directshove, instead of directpush?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I suppose you could call that directshove, instead of directpush?
    Haggar -

all you need to do is forward your pop3 acct to an IMAP/IDLE acct like fastmail. You sync chatter with fastmail and you can use the pop3 email address in your "reply to" address in Fastmail's SMTP settings for outgoing email on the treo. Then you just link all of your home computers to the fastmail address through Outlook/Thunderbird with the same smtp set up and you are good to go. Push email that is sync'd wherever you retrieve it from, be it the Treo, your home computer or webmail. And most importantly, the Treo gets email instantaneously with Chatter as it is PUSH'D from the IMAP mail server.
  6.    #26  
    does the imap push mail use sms for new messages ?
    and alot of the mail programs use a lot of batterey power for live email
    not like directpush bye microsoft
    here is how directpush works for those of you that think is just a marketing term

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...echnology.html
    Folks, the Chatter developer is currently in the process of releasing a sync application which will initially support exchange Calendar. A beta will be released in a week. He says he will bring the other exchange functions online shortly thereafter and it will support two-way push (like ActiveSync on WM5 but real time push, not scheduled sync, will require a CDMA network according to the developer). His EX plug in already supports exchange email. I think HIS solution will be the "ActiveSync" of the PalmOS world. I bet we would see something fairly robust by end of June or July at the earliest....but it IS on its way!

Check out this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114933

I hope that by the summer Exchange will be fully supported through this application on PalmOS. Marc's ChatterEmail is of extremely high quality and has become the the most popular email client on the Palm platform today (and for good reason). I think Marc will blow us away with his Exchange sync solution as well. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12