Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Why is it that the fonts in my phone are sometimes red? Honestly I have not clue, not yet appropriately geekified.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    No, the dumbest question is "Hey, Fred, what's your name?"

<rimshot>

Seriously though. What shows up as red? Everything or just certain apps?
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    words and numbers in the phone app are sometimes red-like during or sometimes after a call or web activity...

Roi Batty

I know you can set emails that you have not yet read to appear in a color.
    I'm with canesfins -- I've personally abused my color choices by setting all sorts of bizarre colors for emails in Versamail and Chatter. But in the phone app itself I haven't seen this behavior. I don't think it is possible to choose the colors, though maybe with a custom skin you'd be able to do that. Are you the second owner of your Treo, and possibly a mod-happy prior owner did something?

For a while I was sticking custom splash screens on my GSM unlocked T650 and using the Sprint splash screens. This did some unexpected things to the phone app screen (it revealed little crosshairs with a red line through them) but was easily reversed by deleting the offending file. (But then, how could a picture of Homer Simpson possibly offend?)
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    No it is brand new, two weeks old, and in the phone app, the words change from black to red and I don't understand why.

Roi Batty

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Did you put it near a magnetic field? I get that with a portable TV a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Did you put it near a magnetic field? I get that with a portable TV a long time ago.
    LCD is not affected by magnetism like a CRT, there are no electron guns to be influenced by changes in the magnetic field.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    LCD is not affected by magnetism like a CRT, there are no electron guns to be influenced by changes in the magnetic field.
    My bad. Time to go over my Computer for Dummies book.