Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I just ordered my 700P via VZW tele-sales/customer svc. I paid $560.00 including taxes and overnight shipping.

Package will be here Wednesday.
    They gave you a tracking number?
    <s></s>
    lol flashbacks of late 2004!!
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    lol flashbacks of late 2004!!
    I would go crazy if thats true....ARGH!!!
    <s></s>
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I'm gettin Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by V of HB
    I'm gettin Mine

So did you get a tracking number for shipping????
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    what happened in 2004 G-FUNKSTER ???
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    no am i suppose to get one at this late of the business day? Couldn't I call tomorrow for the fedex tracking number?
    Quote Originally Posted by V of HB
    what happened in 2004 G-FUNKSTER ???
    People preordered in droves from palm.com and none of the early orders got shipped on time, new orders were shipping out faster than the preorders and people were getting them overnighted from telesales while people waited.

Good Times
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Someone posted this in another thread who bought it from Verizon early this morning:

"I ordered mine early this AM too from Verizon. I was on the phone while I checked online. Phone department said nothing in their system on a 700p but tried to sell me a 700w - DOH!

I ordered it online. A few hours later I got this -

This message is in regards to your Verizon Wireless online order #
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but the equipment you ordered, the TREO700P/Palm Treoandtrade is currently out of stock.
    We will have a shipment in on Tuesday May 23,2006.
    Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience.
    Thank you,
    West Area Internet Fulfillment Team

Does that mean it will ship tomorrow???

Karlz
    www.karlz.tv"

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114848
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Someone posted this in another thread who bought it from Verizon early this morning:

"I ordered mine early this AM too from Verizon. I was on the phone while I checked online. Phone department said nothing in their system on a 700p but tried to sell me a 700w - DOH!
    Same thing happened to me. I spent the first ten minutes thinking that I was ordering the 700p. I said, "Are you SURE this is in stock?" She said, "Yes, you're ordering the Treo 700w, right?" Aarghh...... They don't have the 700p in their system yet. So I ordered online. Haven't gotten any email confirmation yet.

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes

I ordered it online. A few hours later I got this -

This message is in regards to your Verizon Wireless online order #
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but the equipment you ordered, the TREO700P/Palm Treoandtrade is currently out of stock.
    We will have a shipment in on Tuesday May 23,2006.
    Once again, we apologize for this inconvenience.
    Thank you,
    West Area Internet Fulfillment Team

Does that mean it will ship tomorrow???

Karlz
    www.karlz.tv"

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114848

I just stopped by the local Verizon kiosk in the mall, (I have my own kiosk in the mall so, I usually make 3-4 trips to Sprint and Verizon everyday )I made them think that I am gonna buy a 2yr Contract and the 700p. The guy says he checked the warehouse which is in Ontario. They are suppose to recieve 12000 of those bad boys but it hasn't arrived yet and no one has any word when they are coming. When mentioned that people are buying from telesales and actually being promised delivery on Wed, he said that likely impossible.

So lets just hope people who ordered thru palm.com don't get a huge upset
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace
    Same thing happened to me. I spent the first ten minutes thinking that I was ordering the 700p. I said, "Are you SURE this is in stock?" She said, "Yes, you're ordering the Treo 700w, right?" Aarghh...... They don't have the 700p in their system yet. So I ordered online. Haven't gotten any email confirmation yet.

Don
    How many people thinking they ordered the 700P will be shocked when FedEx arrives the following day with a 700W?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Well people who ordered through Palm were told right off the bat 3-4 weeks. Verizon is telling people 2-3 days. That is so lame of Verizon, if worse comes to worse you guys can use it as levergae with Verizon for them telling you it was going to be shipped in 2-3 days just so you wouldn't look elsewhere. I think that's unethical of a company to do that.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    How many people thinking they ordered the 700P will be shocked when FedEx arrives the following day with a 700W?

I am guessing atleast 10 just on this forum!
    <s></s>
    You know -- I've waited 8 months for the release. One week, one way or the other is not going to be a killer. And if Verizon sneaks some out first: Good for them. C'est la vie. I will enjoy mine, when I get it.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    You know -- I've waited 8 months for the release. One week, one way or the other is not going to be a killer. And if Verizon sneaks some out first: Good for them. C'est la vie. I will enjoy mine, when I get it.

Cheers, Perry.
    Me too... I will get it in a few days via sprint... I've waited this long, another week wont kill me.

KAOS
    You guys that ordered online should call Verizon and get them to straighten this out, and make up for the mistake. Palm clearly stated and still does Verizon Treo 700ps ship within 3-4 weeks. Maybe someone at Verizon figured since Palm is seeling them, but telling people it could be 3-4 weeks they could post it on their site and make more $$$ that way. Something isn't right. Call before you guys open up a Treo 700W box.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I think for me its settled no way Verizon can get it to customers by this wednesday.
    May be right along with sprint either Friday or Tuesday after the long weekend.
    <s></s>
    I just called VZW telesales and ordered mine. The only glitch is that I was first told that they could not order it since I was still in contract and they could order it for new contracts only. After I told the sales person I had never heard of that rule, she agreed to put the phone order in. She is going to call me if there is a problem. I'm paying $619 and getting it overnighted for $12. I should have it Wednesday. I asked several times whether it was the P. She comfirmed it was and said she had been taking orders for it all day. Surprisingly, she actually sounded like she knew the phone and the difference between the 650, 700w and 700p. She even commented that I had probably been waiting a while for the phone to be offered and was excited to get it. I'm hopeful, but we will see if it goes through.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast