Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Well I called today and was told that they have the devices there, guy said he was looking at them. He said they were expecting the SKU#'s to be there today and they would ship overnight today. I'm waiting.....

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    Actually, I did. She said "The unit will ship today by overnight." I admit that she didn't say it had shipped, but she was clear it would ship today and I would have it tomorrow. I am also skeptical, but we will see. I'm going to call for a tracking number a little later.
    After being transferred 4 times to people who didn't know squat, I finally got to the folks who manage online orders (888-924-7935). I talked to a woman who was very knowledgeable, who said that the 700p would be loaded in their system tomorrow (Wednesday), and that the orders in the online queue would begin processing tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by karlz
    Well I called today and was told that they have the devices there, guy said he was looking at them. He said they were expecting the SKU#'s to be there today and they would ship overnight today. I'm waiting.....

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    You called Verizon or Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL
    Hey - when you lived in CA your whole life until 2 years ago - you take just about anything for Mexican food. It's not Florida's strong suit!
    You wouldn't be in Tampa would you? I hear they have crappy burritos. I think it's due to the whine they soak in all day...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    FYI, my delivery status on the Verizon Wireless website has changed from "Please check back tomorrow" to "You should receive your order within 2-3 days."

Also, I spoke with a Verizon Wireless rep and he said it will be shipped out tomorrow and I will receive it by Thursday "for sure."

EDIT: Oh...and they have it in the system as a 700 (no w or p), however, it is clear on my order receipt that it is a 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You wouldn't be in Tampa would you? I hear they have crappy burritos. I think it's due to the whine they soak in all day...
    Crappy burritos **** me off. Good thing I don't live in Tampa! Is it me or do fantastic burritos make you want to post OT?
    just ordered from verizon
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Is it me or do fantastic burritos make you want to post OT?
    It makes me want to have a siesta, senior... zzzzzzzZZZZ
    I hate to tell you you told me so, but it now appears that the promised shipping from Verizon today for tomorrow delivery is not going to happen. I was promised it was in stock when I called yesterday and ordered. I called this morning and had my order confirmed, but because I had doubts, the rep agreed to call me back an reconfirm. She called me back mid-afternoon and said that 700p would ship today for tomorrow deliver. She was certain. But....

I just called VZW to see if I could get a tracking number and, lo and behold, I was told that the phone is backordered and is not available for shipping. When I said that I had three times been told it was available, the rep said "You shouldn't have been told that." This rep said it is only available on the website or through telemarketing IF it is an upgrade. Since I'm still within the contract period, I cannot get it from telemarketing until June 1, when it will also be available in the stores.

I then called telemarketing again and they said that the phone wasn't even in stock for upgrades! When I said I had now gotten three different stories, this rep apologized and said the only way I could get it before June 1 was on the Website.

They offered to keep me in the que for June 1, but I cancelled my order and will try to order it on the Website. I was hoping to get it before the weekend, but that is looking unlikely.

An interesting side note: I asked to talk to the Customer Retention/Loyalty Department and was told "we no longer have people dedicated to customer retention." I told the rep that that was pretty obvious.
    Didn't have an Alberto's near work, so I had to settle for a Los Primos Carne Asada Burrito.
    I gave it a B+.

BTW Blackboxsocial, loose stools - that's a sign of good authentic Mexican food. But that's getting off topic. In fact, that alone could be a topic.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Yeah, it seems it's going to be Sprint 700p's first. Talked to a store who can't sell them until monday, Sprint only.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Yeah, it seems it's going to be Sprint 700p's first. Talked to a store who can't sell them until monday, Sprint only.
    And what store might that be????
    BTW - VZW is now offering $100 off for internet orders - I calle dand they said my price would be adjusted because the order had not yet shipped. The price will adjust whne it ships. 48 minute hold - rep said they'r egetting a lot of p calls.
    You verizon customers should be po'd , they probably got a ton of customers by saying the were going to be shipping, even though Palm listed 3-4 weeks on their site. I'm sure you guys can get verizon to make it up to you, and they should.
    Jimmie Geddes
    You verizon customers should be po'd , they probably got a ton of customers by saying the were going to be shipping, even though Palm listed 3-4 weeks on their site. I'm sure you guys can get verizon to make it up to you, and they should.
    Well, hope springs eternal. I just ordered it over the Internet from VZW. Every rep claimed that they are in stock for Internet orders only and should ship within 2-5 days. I won't be surprised if they become available to all VZW customers on June 1 and that's the day we get our Internet orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I hate to tell you you told me so, but it now appears that the promised shipping from Verizon today for tomorrow delivery is not going to happen. I was promised it was in stock when I called yesterday and ordered. I called this morning and had my order confirmed, but because I had doubts, the rep agreed to call me back an reconfirm. She called me back mid-afternoon and said that 700p would ship today for tomorrow deliver. She was certain. But....

I just called VZW to see if I could get a tracking number and, lo and behold, I was told that the phone is backordered and is not available for shipping. When I said that I had three times been told it was available, the rep said "You shouldn't have been told that." This rep said it is only available on the website or through telemarketing IF it is an upgrade. Since I'm still within the contract period, I cannot get it from telemarketing until June 1, when it will also be available in the stores.

I then called telemarketing again and they said that the phone wasn't even in stock for upgrades! When I said I had now gotten three different stories, this rep apologized and said the only way I could get it before June 1 was on the Website.

They offered to keep me in the que for June 1, but I cancelled my order and will try to order it on the Website. I was hoping to get it before the weekend, but that is looking unlikely.

An interesting side note: I asked to talk to the Customer Retention/Loyalty Department and was told "we no longer have people dedicated to customer retention." I told the rep that that was pretty obvious.
    I was told the phone could not be ordered through telesales....that it was an online exclusive at the moment (which it does in fact state on the website).
    I was told I will receive the device on Thursday. Additionally, I was told online I will receive the device in 2-3 days (this was updated today).

I don't understand why you people don't believe Verizon! They told me initially (yesterday) I would get it in 2-5 days....and so far they seem to be correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoffey
    BTW - VZW is now offering $100 off for internet orders - I calle dand they said my price would be adjusted because the order had not yet shipped. The price will adjust whne it ships. 48 minute hold - rep said they'r egetting a lot of p calls.
    That's odd, I don't see a price change on the website.
    I was told I will receive the device on Thursday. Additionally, I was told online I will receive the device in 2-3 days (this was updated today).

I don't understand why you people don't believe Verizon! They told me initially (yesterday) I would get it in 2-5 days....and so far they seem to be correct.
    You mean they're being consistent.You haven't received it yet. they won't be correct until you receive it. Here's to hoping you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by airoid
    I don't believe them because I was promised three times by three separate VZW reps (including one who called me) that my phone was shipping today, only to be later told they shouldn't have told me that and that I cannot get it until June 1. I have also received three different stories about the phones availability. I have now ordered if from the Website and will believe it when I get it.