View Poll Results: Would paying twice as much for unlimited text AND data stop you from getting Sprint?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! That's rediculous! No way would I pay that much!

33 68.75%
  • No! Are you crazy? EVDO is so fast I'd GLADLY pay twice as much!

15 31.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'd like to point out to anyone considering getting the Sprint plan that they are no longer including unlimited text messaging in the Vision pack (now the Power Vision pack) so you have to pay a minimum of $15 for that, plus $15 for unlimited text messaging...DOUBLE what I had to pay before.

Did it stop me from getting the phone/plan? No. But I'm pissed. LOL. We should complain to Sprint, us Sprint users should. It's great to have double or more the speed via EVDO, but cmon, text messages don't take up that much bandwidth. This is gouging!!!

Oh yeah, proof: http://homepage.mac.com/bronxred/.Pi...rint_Costs.jpg
    I went through that when I switched over to the 6700... They would not grandfather my $5 text messages in. You can complain a bit and depending on the rep they might take something off your bill. Worked for me.
    Do a search on this forum and you'll get lots of info. on retention plans that can get you around that problem. You can also search on SprintUsers.com. Even with those prices, Sprint is a bargain compared to other carriers.
    Switch to Verizon. Then you'll know what a mobile enema really feels like when you get your first monthly bill...
    Why do you need text messaging when you can email or instant message, I've been wondering?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    Switch to Verizon. Then you'll know what a mobile enema really feels like when you get your first monthly bill...
    I'm getting a certain backdoor abuse vibe from you, treoshmeo...
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiPimp
    Why do you need text messaging when you can email or instant message, I've been wondering?
    text messaging is like push e-mail w/out the high battery use. and while most everyone can text msg, not everyone can im. you gotta think about the people you're text messaging, not just yourself. don't be so self-centered!
    I agree they are too much. But how in the hell they are "Hidden Charges" ?
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    text messaging is like push e-mail w/out the high battery use. and while most everyone can text msg, not everyone can im. you gotta think about the people you're text messaging, not just yourself. don't be so self-centered!
    what he said *i couldnt find the ditto icon ;(*
    Don't add text messaging till you activate, then they'll add unlimited for 8 dollars a month.
    LMAO...
    at&t iPhone3G
    haha... that is so true....i switched to sprint from verizon and and sometimes when i got my bill i couldnt "bend over" to tie my shoes for a couple of days....haha...sprint is like a whole new world, i recently got the sero plan and will have my treo 700 next tuesday, cant wait.....!!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I was with Sprint back in the days when the fair and flexable plan started. I remember that it was only $5 for every 100 minutes over on anytime minutes...then when they realized they were losing the arz, they made it $10 for every 100 over. I stupidly thought I would continue with the 5 as long as I didn't change my plan...no, they changed me to the 10 dollar charge too. At 5 bucks, my wife and I set our base minutes low at 300 minutes, because we mostly talked to each other in network and if we didn't get crazy one month...good to go, but if we did get crazy...it was a steel. We blew our minutes up to 600 and it was only $15 extra bucks on the bill...awesome. I noticed the change when the next time we got crazy that 15 bucks turned into 30 or more bucks. It still is a good plan though, and I upped our anytime base to 800 now. Imagine if you blew 300 extra minutes or more with verizon's anytime minutes...there is your enima.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    haha... that is so true....i switched to sprint from verizon and and sometimes when i got my bill i couldnt "bend over" to tie my shoes for a couple of days....haha...sprint is like a whole new world, i recently got the sero plan and will have my treo 700 next tuesday, cant wait.....!!
    Are you still wearing diapers?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    I agree they are too much. But how in the hell they are "Hidden Charges" ?
    Some people can't grasp basic comprehension.

Let's see...I have to click for a Vision plan...now....hmmm...click for an SMS package...

OMFG!!!!! I HAD TO ENTER MY OWN HIDDEN CHARGES!!!!!

Stooges...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Some people can't grasp basic comprehension.

Let's see...I have to click for a Vision plan...now....hmmm...click for an SMS package...

OMFG!!!!! I HAD TO ENTER MY OWN HIDDEN CHARGES!!!!!

Stooges...
    lol. it depends on how you define hidden. If by hidden, you mean that they are right there in front of you on the website, then the dude is right, those are some hidden-a55 charges!
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    In case you missed this before...

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...2&postcount=43
    Unlimited test messaging is only for national, not international, so i could care less.

With IM and push email, who needs unlimited SMS? You can also send via teleflip and other email services free.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    lol. it depends on how you define hidden. If by hidden, you mean that they are right there in front of you on the website, then the dude is right, those are some hidden-a55 charges!
    Thank goodness for people like bronxred...or else we would never have seen these "hidden charges" right in front of us.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Unlimited test messaging is only for national, not international, so i could care less.

With IM and push email, who needs unlimited SMS?
    Does sprint classify SMS messages as any messagoing to your YOURNAME@messaging.sprintpcs.com account?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast