View Poll Results: Would paying twice as much for unlimited text AND data stop you from getting Sprint?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! That's rediculous! No way would I pay that much!

33 68.75%
  • No! Are you crazy? EVDO is so fast I'd GLADLY pay twice as much!

15 31.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. kiz
    with sprint you get charged for sending and receiving txt msges
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Are you still wearing diapers?
    no but i always keep one handy just in case!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Can I assume Sprint allows for occasional text messages without signing up for $5-10/month, and just charges for them. I believe Verizon charges 10 cents/ message. For those who just send/receive 5-10/ month, this makes sense....
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Unlimited test messaging is only for national, not international, so i could care less.

With IM and push email, who needs unlimited SMS? You can also send via teleflip and other email services free.
    we use SMS all the time for servers and router reports, its very important but 15 per month is crazy.
    I wan't to go back to non cordless phones and pagers
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz
    with sprint you get charged for sending and receiving txt msges
    I understand that...but if memory serves me right, about 2 years ago they made significant changes in how they handled text messaging. I think they had "sprint mail" and "sprint messaging" as two distinct features of their system. Their messaging system wasn't a real SMS system. When the SMS system went into place, I became totally confused as to what an SMS was versus sprint "mail" or sprint "messaging".

If you send a message to 5551234567@sprintpcs.com versus something like username@messaging.sprintpcs.com -- is there a difference in how Sprint looks at it? Is one an "email" and one an SMS or do they differentiate? The "username" version has a POP account attached to it -- but a I get an SMS that says "check your PCS mail" -- am I charged for the SMS that tells me to check my mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Can I assume Sprint allows for occasional text messages without signing up for $5-10/month, and just charges for them. I believe Verizon charges 10 cents/ message. For those who just send/receive 5-10/ month, this makes sense....
    That's what I thought I read too. At .10/message, those of us using SMS notification for incoming Sprint email won't pay too much without an SMS plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Can I assume Sprint allows for occasional text messages without signing up for $5-10/month, and just charges for them.
    Yes you can. $.10 each.
    Let's see...

I have 100 text messages per month included in my Vision plan. Anything over 100 text messages is .10 cents each.

And then the dirty overchargers who are in charge of the hidden charges had the audacity to call me up and offer me unlimited picture mail for FREE....

Chuck
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12