Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Okay, I've decided to get the Sena Combo for my 700p. Any suggestions on the best place to get one pricewise? Do any retail stores carry them? If I have to order online--any suggestions on places with good prices and good service? Many thanks.
    G - did you order this thing? How is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    What do you guys think of this Crystal Smoke Case.

http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/26/6c/e3_1_sbl.JPG

Or this Neoprene one.

http://i7.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/c5/95/78_1_b.JPG
    both of these cases are very nice.
    how much is the first one?
    I saw a real nice lookin hard case on Palm Addict about a week agao...ya might try browsing theiur archives.
    So, I went ahead and bought the Tumi from Palm -- I have used their luggage for years and have been happy with it. The case is very well made and has a more "professional" look than the covertec horizontal I had been using. The top flap completely covers the phone, so there is certainly more protection for the phone.

It does seem a tad thicker than the covertec, but I think once the leather breaks in it will be just fine.

All in all, I am pleased after the two days of use thus far.

The case can be seen at:

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    thr61,

I'm seriously considering the Tumi case. Not sure if I'll get the leather one or the ballistic one. I'd love to see your own pics of the case!
    same w/me, would like to see pics if thr61 would oblige?

wanna get an idea of the size + added bulk of the case. thanks!
    I will try and post some tonight.
    Going against the grain of all the rugged leather and hardshell cases, I want to mention how much I really like my foofpod. I got the all-black version, and it's great.
    Typically, I hate cases. I hate holsters and belt-clips even more for a myriad of reasons. I hate the rubberskins, just because they attract dust and satanic lint.
    But my foofpod is great. Simple, minimal, stylish - my wife says it's like a cute sleeping bag for my 700p. I typically throw my Treo in my pocket or bag, and the foofpod does everything I need it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61
    So, I went ahead and bought the Tumi from Palm -- I have used their luggage for years and have been happy with it. The case is very well made and has a more "professional" look than the covertec horizontal I had been using. The top flap completely covers the phone, so there is certainly more protection for the phone.

It does seem a tad thicker than the covertec, but I think once the leather breaks in it will be just fine.

All in all, I am pleased after the two days of use thus far.

The case can be seen at:

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    I second the Tumi. A very nice case, better than others. Worth it.
    Pics? Internal ones, with the Treo in and out would be much appreciated!
    second that req...pics would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by onthedl
    second that req...pics would be nice.
    See this thread for pix:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=tumi
    Thanks, Mike. I posted a longer thanks in the other thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    Quote Originally Posted by ericroberts
    It's Funny. After trying the innopocket aluminum hard case; the silicon sleeve; bodyglove case, Zcover with clip; I always find myself going back to the basic Palm/Treo side leather pouch. I don't like anything intruding with the keys or the screen.
    I like it naked when I'm using it, but like it completely protected when I'm not, hence the leather side case.
    My $649 and 2 cents worth.
    Wow, you are just like me. For some reason I hate having to put my Treo in any case. There is something when holdng it bare naked. I guess it's Gadget fetish.
    I am the same way guys. I don't like using my phone in a form fit case (preferring to use it 'naked'), but when not in use I want it protected (but easily accessible). I also would appreciate a slot for an extra SD card.

I don't have my 700p yet (upgrade window does not open up for me for 3 more weeks), but I was looking at this one:

Energy Leaf Treo 700p case

What do y'all think?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Best Buy is more expensive. I think it's around $19.99.
    Yeah. The BodyGlove case at Best Buy came out to be around $23 in total. I returned it a week later. I just wasn't feeling it and also it covered the mic. I couldn't take drooling over the Palm Hard Case anymore so I just picked one up at CompUSA today. I must say it is a very elegant case. Feels great and I could still hear my phone in the case when it rings. (I was afraid I wasn't going to.)
    Does Treo stay in the Tumi case when you use it?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Yes, the SENA combo is a very nice set.
    I like the Sena side holster. The quality is amazing. With that said I don't care for all these skins out there. I prefer to use E-Grips and a Box-Wave screen protector. (oh yeah and don't forget the insurance)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I bought the Invisible Shield for my 700wx and am on the fence about it. First of all, installation was a PITA. If you don't position the pieces just right, it creates a sharp edge on the Treo's smooth body. I ended up removing the screen protector because it felt kinda rubbery and was really distracting when using the stylus. This slightly tacky feeling is good for the rest of unit as it makes me feel more secure while holding the unit so I left the back, side, and top front pieces on for now. Regular cases are not an option for me as I use a Siedio 4100 cradle in the car and a cradle at home.

If you are painstaking in your installation and/or want something that works with a cradle, this is a good solution (except for the screen part). Otherwise I would not recommend the Invisible Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I am the same way guys. I don't like using my phone in a form fit case (preferring to use it 'naked'), but when not in use I want it protected (but easily accessible). I also would appreciate a slot for an extra SD card.

I don't have my 700p yet (upgrade window does not open up for me for 3 more weeks), but I was looking at this one:

Energy Leaf Treo 700p case

What do y'all think?
    This is a good looking case with great protection! Too bad it didnt have a 7-way adjustable clip instead of a free-swiveling design! And I wonder if one could carve out a window for the screen so that you can see it?

My Ideal setup would be the Seidio Spring Clip Holster 2 with Invisishields, but I have read that scuffing on the bottom could occur. Someone also mentioned going with the Celite Rubberized Holster with the Invishield but I dont know if it will fit? Anybody with pics of this setup or insight?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast