Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    I hate cases, I can tolerate absolutely no more bulk in my pocket beyond the Treo... plus I have insurance so I never really cared.

But the metallic area around my 650's screen has these little scratches on it... it looks so ugly I just know it's ebay value will be less than stellar. Meh. This time, I'm thinking of using an invisibleshield, it's worked superwell with my ipod nano, and it adds no thickness.

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_descr...EO700FULL.html

Edit: http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-16/Palm-Treo-700w-Total/Detail has them for 7 dollars.. woah

Update: Pictures of besk skin ever on a treo 700w. looks like the metallic area next to the screen is not covered..perhaps it's naked time for the 700p once again

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=27
    How well do these hold in the long term? Do the edges peel easily?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeMan
    I think I will order this case, but I have a question: is it sticky like all others skin cases?

EDIT: is there also a way to order it without the belt clip?
    yes you can remove the belt clip just do it carefully, the picture is from the 650 case they havent exactly came out with the 700p version yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    I hate cases, I can tolerate absolutely no more bulk in my pocket beyond the Treo... plus I have insurance so I never really cared.

But the metallic area around my 650's screen has these little scratches on it... it looks so ugly I just know it's ebay value will be less than stellar. Meh. This time, I'm thinking of using an invisibleshield, it's worked superwell with my ipod nano, and it adds no thickness.

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_descr...EO700FULL.html
    I'm in the same boat. 1.5 years on my 650 w/ out a case has it looking booty (chipped paint, scratches around the screen, scuffed back), I thank palm for giving me $150 for this thing. Every case made the already big treo way to big for the pocket and I hate belt clips.

I'm gonna give te Invisible shields a whirl this time around, before I'm forced to head down the leathery case path.
    Anyone know if there are still any 20% off Vaja coupons?
    i like the covertec cases. www.covertec.com i use one for my tx and am buying one for my 700p - they have a nice slot (the flip ones) for a card and also for my subway card!
    I'd really like to order a case now for my 700P, but many of the case manufacturers don't have anything specifically for the 700P yet. Most, if not all however do have 700W cases. Do we know for certain that the 700P is physically the same as the 700W on the outside?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I'd really like to order a case now for my 700P, but many of the case manufacturers don't have anything specifically for the 700P yet. Most, if not all however do have 700W cases. Do we know for certain that the 700P is physically the same as the 700W on the outside?
    Many video reviews and photos reveal that its exact same form factor. But you can double check with people who have it on their hands i.e Marcus or TreoDoctor.
    <s></s>
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Nutshell for me.
    Me too. This is clearly a matter of personal preference and how you like to use your device, but the Nutshell (open top model with belt clip) was the 4th case I tried for my 600 (including a Vaja), and it's the one I've stayed with for almost two years now. It's sturdy, simple and provides a good use for the Treo antenna -- as a handle for a quick draw from the holster. I expect my current case will work fine for the 700, but they're already offering a model for it:

http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/treo-700p.html
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    How well do these hold in the long term? Do the edges peel easily?
    From my experiences with the nano, it doesn't peel off, even though I thought it would.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadedecho
    I am with you on this one, the Krussel case IMHO was the best out there... i love having the clear plastic covering. i can't tell you how many spills and environmental issues my treo has been saved from with this case. sure, it's not perfect, but it's way better than others, i think.

the Krussel site claims the 650 and the 700w and the 700p will all fit in their same case, so I am hoping that's still true.
    I love my Krusell case too. It will be migrating from my 650 to my 700p.

http://www.krusell.se/product.php?productID=1902
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    ^ Nope. But... OMG HE'S GOT HOLLYWOOD!!1!1one!!!!

http://images.marketworks.com/fullVi...EOCAS4_acc.jpg
    There's something quite appealing about preserving the form factor using Invisible Shield. But what is it like using the keys? Do you find much loss in sensitivity while covered by the plastic film?
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever
    ^ Nope. But... OMG HE'S GOT HOLLYWOOD!!1!1one!!!!

http://images.marketworks.com/fullVi...EOCAS4_acc.jpg
    I sent him a note about that to find out if there is a cut-out for the antenna.

There are others who purchased his crystal hard case for the 650 and love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    There's something quite appealing about preserving the form factor using Invisible Shield. But what is it like using the keys? Do you find much loss in sensitivity while covered by the plastic film?
    The Invisible Shield doesn't cover the keys...
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    The keyboard isn't covered by plastic film. I love my invisible shield because I don't really like haveing phones in cases, so this way it is like you don't have a case on but still have protection.
    It's Funny. After trying the innopocket aluminum hard case; the silicon sleeve; bodyglove case, Zcover with clip; I always find myself going back to the basic Palm/Treo side leather pouch. I don't like anything intruding with the keys or the screen.
    I like it naked when I'm using it, but like it completely protected when I'm not, hence the leather side case.
    My $649 and 2 cents worth.
    What parts of the T700p are left exposed by Invisible Shield? And how much room for human error is there when applying it? I'm all thumbs and air bubbles when applying screen protectors.

(Sorry I can't quote earlier posts- this is from my T650.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser
    I did that to mine also to keep my 650 nice for sale as it was replaced with a new one a few months back. Nice and slim and slips easily in and out of my pocket. Still though, I've had enough of the plastic over all the buttons and screen.

This time, I have a brand new Palm Hard Case waiting for my 700P.
    I had the Krusell form fit case with my 650 from the beginning. I kept replacing them because the plastic kept getting scratched and dingy. Also, I noticed the stitching scratched the sides of the phone next to the screen. One thing I love about Krusell is the belt clip. That thing NEVER comes off. I'm talking about the optional one that slips through your belt for about $12 - not the one that comes with the case - throw that one away! After much trial and tribulation, I now use the Krusell Horizontal. Protects the screen and looks very professional.
    Krussel Horizontal Plus

Unfortunately, the 650 was designed to be as slippery as ice, and will not stay in my hand, so I also use the Boxwave skin (got the new Smoke grey one for the 700W - will fit the 700P - and matches the new dark color of the 700P). Got it with the armband (been looking for one of these for ages). With the armband off, the treo with the skin case fits perfectly in the Krusell Horizontal plus. Some skin cases won't fit, but this Boxwave one is very smooth and just slips right in. If you plan to do this, don't get the skin with the belt clip. That will definitely NOT fit.
    Last edited by larrynj4; 05/28/2006 at 06:54 PM.
    Hi theswami I just ordered the clear case from the ebay link you posted. I will probably receive it sometime next week (since Monday is non-working day). I'll post photo and review ones I received.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast