Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I searched on every combo of zlauncher, quit, exit, won't, can't but couldn't find anything on this.

I am suddenly unable to exit out of zlauncher to get to the palm launcher. I am selecting exit from the App pull down menu. I have tried to enter X from a command line prompt, I have done soft resets and have had no luck.

I am running the ZLT-AquawoodXP_Hi theme that comes with the program. I use VolumeCare, Goodlink, Radio Start and a number of other programs, but I don't think any of them would cause this problem. Of course I am probably wrong.

Any thoughts on what is causing zLauncher to not exit?
    What happens when you try?
    The author has a forum at mytreo.net. I have corresponded with him all ready. Ben
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter
    What happens when you try?
    When I select Exit from the App pull down menu, or enter an X at the command line prompt nothing happens at all. It is as if I have not done anything.

I did manage to exit the program accidentially this morning though. I went into the sound and alerts settings app selected general from the Application pull down and selected done when I was done and I was dropped back to the Palm Launcher. When I restart zLauncher it has the same problem.
    This happened to me once, I ejected my card and counted to 10 and put it back in then refreshed my apps and it hasn't happened again. That was 3 months ago
    There's always next year!
    Weird, what version are you running?
    5.4 build 060220 here
    There's always next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt
    5.4 build 060220 here
    Good Lord, I am running the same version with no big issue except:

If ZL is active, and while running other applications, & a Clear DBCache happens because of low DBCache memory, the ZLauncherDB.pdb is sometimes corrupt/lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevengoh
    Good Lord, I am running the same version with no big issue except:

If ZL is active, and while running other applications, & a Clear DBCache happens because of low DBCache memory, the ZLauncherDB.pdb is sometimes corrupt/lost.
    Lock zLauncher into memory with Resco Locker and it shouldn't happen again.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt
    This happened to me once, I ejected my card and counted to 10 and put it back in then refreshed my apps and it hasn't happened again. That was 3 months ago
    OK I tried this and no luck. I tried refreshing apps and all shortcuts and the only way I can exit is by going through the sounds applet and selecting general.

Any other thoughts?

I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall zLauncher to see what happens.
    Very odd, never a problem here.
    Every so often ZLauncher decides to mess with my tabs....it puts everything I had in "Apps" into an "Unfiled" tab. I've dealt with it, but the last time it happened I uninstalled it and tried Tealaunch demo. I'm back to Zlauncher
    Before you uninstall it, I do believe that when it is uninstalled the SD folders it stores the apps in are also deleted - you should copy those to another location. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    Every so often ZLauncher decides to mess with my tabs....it puts everything I had in "Apps" into an "Unfiled" tab. I've dealt with it, but the last time it happened I uninstalled it and tried Tealaunch demo. I'm back to Zlauncher
    That's called "losing the zlauncher prefs". It has nothing to do with ZLauncher, but rather the dbcache getting cleared.

Resco Locker fixes that problem, like it helps a lot of other applications from losing their db's.
    I just installed Resco Locker in an attempt to deal with HanDBase; I have not had a single problem tough with ZLauncher loosing its preferences. Ben