Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Has anyone found the solution for the problem below?

I can not generate an encryption key or PIN on the device. I am able to install the software. However every time I sync I get the following error:

Communication with the device was not successful.

Please verify the following and try again:
    1. Ensure the handset is connected to the computer
    2. Ensure the Blackberry software is running on the handset.

For Further details please consult the user guide.
    I got the same error. So glad someone else got it as well. I was able to install BB Connect and got it to see my PIN, etc. When I try to sync, it gives me the same error during the "Handset Link" process of the provisioning. My colleague got his to work with no issues. VERY frustrating.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Did you erase your device before installing BBC? Maybe its conflicting with something you have on the Treo. I had no issues, but loaded it on a clean device.
    Quote Originally Posted by canesfins
    Did you erase your device before installing BBC? Maybe its conflicting with something you have on the Treo. I had no issues, but loaded it on a clean device.

I tried that as well. Hard resetting it again as I type. My colleague got it to work without any issues. I am reinstalling HotSync and BB Connect as well.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I am wondering about this myself. I installed it on my 650 with no problems (other than not having Versamail enabled on sync) and it is working like a charm. An assoicate I work with is getting this same error about the handset not being connected. I am working with him right now and can't get past this.

Let me know what you find out and I will do the same.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I attempted the install on a brand new 650 and fresh install of Palm Desktop/Hotsync.
    I just went through with a hard reset with nothing installed other then factory. Hotsynced and installed BBC. Same error.
    Brian McGuire
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    hate to ask the obvious, but is the radio on when you set it up ? Mine was not the first time and I gat an error (don't remember specifics). Turned the radio on and reinstalled, and it worked ...

Your carrier has your account set up for BB ?
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Yes I verified the radio was on. I tried it connected to the data service and not connected to the data service. My provider is Sprint.
    I also tried with radio on and off. I have BB unlimited. The error reads like a physical connection issue.

"Communication with the device was not successful.

For Further details please consult the user guide."
    Brian McGuire
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    hate to ask the obvious, but is the radio on when you set it up ? Mine was not the first time and I gat an error (don't remember specifics). Turned the radio on and reinstalled, and it worked ...

Your carrier has your account set up for BB ?
    Do you recall what error you received? I had tried both with it on and off.
    Brian McGuire
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire
    I got the same error. So glad someone else got it as well. I was able to install BB Connect and got it to see my PIN, etc. When I try to sync, it gives me the same error during the "Handset Link" process of the provisioning. My colleague got his to work with no issues. VERY frustrating.
    You need to have a BB data SOC added to your account (read: you need to have a BlackBerry data plan) before you execute the BBC setup. No BB plan, no BBC setup. This is why they tell you to turn on the radio during the install process.

When did you add BB unlimited, and how long does your carrier take to activate it on your account?

If the data SOC is active then I believe the BBC client will actually connect to blackberry.net after the first hotsync & reset. You won't be fully registered on the BES yet, but it should manage to connect to RIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    You need to have a BB data SOC added to your account (read: you need to have a BlackBerry data plan) before you execute the BBC setup. No BB plan, no BBC setup. This is why they tell you to turn on the radio during the install process.

When did you add BB unlimited, and how long does your carrier take to activate it on your account?

If the data SOC is active then I believe the BBC client will actually connect to blackberry.net after the first hotsync & reset. You won't be fully registered on the BES yet, but it should manage to connect to RIM.
    I actually came back to the Treo after using the BB 8700c for a while. When I bought my new 650, I left the plan alone (with blackberry unlimited/cingular). I verified it as well with CS and cingular portal. I do have a company issued BB 7290 w/ plan. I can try swapping the SIM out to see if I can get through the BBC install process. I'll keep this thread posted to my hopeful success.
    Brian McGuire
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Do you recall what error you received? I had tried both with it on and off.
    Unfortunately, no.
    No Dice. I keep getting this error no matter what I do. I tried all of the above and swapped out my SIM chip from my blackberry which works. any other ideas?
    Brian McGuire
    No Dice. I keep getting this error no matter what I do. I tried all of the above and swapped out my SIM chip from my blackberry which works. any other ideas?
    Do you still have your old BlackBerry Desktop Manager software installed... from your old RIM-hardware device(s)? I would rip that out first, delete all traces of the BB Desktop Manager, remove BBC, reboot and then try the BBC install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    Do you still have your old BlackBerry Desktop Manager software installed... from your old RIM-hardware device(s)? I would rip that out first, delete all traces of the BB Desktop Manager, remove BBC, reboot and then try the BBC install.

I'll give that a try. I have tried that before, but let me make sure I am removing all traces of it.
    Brian McGuire
    I'll give that a try. I have tried that before, but let me make sure I am removing all traces of it.
    Switch back to your regular SIM too... using the corp's 7290 SIM will cause some issues with the BES (like it may try to push hardware-inappropriate BES policies to your T650 during enterprise activation, and you may end up in a reset loop).
    You are saying all the right things, but nothing seems to be working. I just stripped my pc from all BB and BBC software. I switched back to my personal SIM card (w/ BB unlimited plan on my account) and I get the same message box:

Communication with the device was not successful.

For Further details please consult the user guide.

I don't understand what can be different with my 650 to my colleagues 650. They are both out of the box new and get different results. The only difference is that he took his SIM from his BB 7100 and put it into the 650. I took mine from my 8700 and put it into my 650.
    Brian McGuire
    I have had the exact same issue. I tried wipping out the Troe and starting again no luck. I had the IT guys take me off the BES and put me back on and still no joy. A funny thing tht happened after they took me off the server and put back on the PIN that had been showing up in the BBC now said unknown? My admin normally has us activate using the wireless activation, they give us a Pword and we use our email. Is there another way they should add me back? I like my 8700 but really want to get this palm working.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast