Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rijal
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware A

No, my PIN is not showing up in either location. The process stops before the PIN is generated, BB Connect Desktop just keeps telling me that it cannot connect to device, then performs the remainder of the normal hotsync (which proves that the computer is communicating with treo, just not the bb connect program).
    Can your BBC client maintain a connection to the network, or do you get hoofed off immediately?
    Not sure.

I bought a used 650 for my sister off ebay, and I'm going to try that one in a few days (next week) when it comes to see if the problem is hardware related. If it works, I'm thinking I'll change mine to the same sync name I originally give to my sisters' phone, and then just reload all my information. I'm hoping (but pessimistic) this will work. For now I'm using Chatter, which isn't bad, except it semi-freezes the device while it checks mail. But I can live with that if I have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    Can your BBC client maintain a connection to the network, or do you get hoofed off immediately?
    If you launch the Versamail 3.5 Email client on the T650, switch to the BBC account, and select Preferences > Main from the menu, you should see a GPRS connected/disconnected indicator along with a start/suspend service button and other buttons.

If you toggle the start/suspend service button, does the T650 connect to the blackberry.net APN and stay connected? Or does it disconnect immediately after trying to handshake?

If it disconnects immediately then your wireless carrier hasn't configured your account properly. This doesn't help your PIN situation of course, but it's one more piece of the puzzle.
    It shows the account being suspended and pressing any of the buttons (reset, reconcile now, suspend, etc) don't do anything.

I tried using the SIM from my T-mobile bb7290 and i had my personal phone plan changed to bb unlimited with BES on T-mobile. Neither worked. But your suggestion makes sense, because step 3 requires the phone to be on so it can connect to the network. If it can't connect, it may cancel the whole process right there.

Anyone know the correct T-mobile plan or if I need to do something special? I figured using a BB account would work.
    These are the two choices I see for T-mobile BB service. I had selected the 2nd one for my personal account. I can access the web, versa mail (set up for gmail) etc using that plan. Same plan as I think I have for work.

BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on Add access to BlackBerry's powerful data functionality to a voice rate plan. The BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on includes unlimited BlackBerry Web Client e-mail and Web browsing.

$19.99

BlackBerry Unlimited w/Enterprise Email Add-on Add access to BlackBerry corporate data features to a voice rate plan. BlackBerry Unlimited w/Enterprise E-mail, for use with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) software, includes unlimited BES access, BlackBerry Web Client e-mail, and Web browsing.

$29.98
    Just called T-mobile, to change my personal account (again). Spoke with someone in their data services area that seemed to know what they were talking about. Told him I needed the plan with the BB data SOC. He changed the plan for me, manually activated it and checked the activation. Also said that once I try to connect with BB Connect the PIN will be sent to their server and everything should work. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow, since I left my personal SIM card home today. I'm hoping this is what was needed, but skeptical since the SIM from my BB didn't work, and also because I didn't get a PIN generated last time.
    Still didn't work. I'm beginning to wonder what else I can do. Is it possible to install everything using a different computer? Or maybe my home computer (we have outlook access via internet). I'm thinking its my work computer that for some reason is causing a problem. Not sure what else to do.

When I tap Start Service I get the following error:
    Service cannot be started because there are no service books on your device. See the Service Books preference panel for more information.
    Last edited by Rijal; 06/22/2006 at 08:42 AM.
    Another potential cause of problems. I thought I deleted all of the old BB settings on my desktop but must not have. Decided to re-install bb desktop manager just to see what it shows etc, and my old device PIN is still there. How do I make sure I get rid of everything?!

No device is shown, but when I click on Reset in the Intellisync section I get the following message:

"The current Intellisync PIM configuration for user with the device PIN XXXXXXXX will be reset, do you wish to continue?" The PIN is not all XX's but my old BB pin....

Update: IT came and wiped out everything BB related, my old PIN was in the registry. Still not working.
    Last edited by Rijal; 06/22/2006 at 12:04 PM.
    Good news and bad news. My problem appears to be hardware related. I have another 650 that I bought for my sister used off ebay. Tried setting everything up on that one and it worked like a charm. Got a PIN etc, using same computer that I used before. Having trouble connecting to BB network now on her phone, keep getting hoofed off as soon as I try logging in.

I then tried hard resetting my phone, and syncing to the profile I created for my sister's phone, in order to "port" everything onto my phone. It didn't port the BBConnect settings, and told me I had to re-install. When I tried to re-install guess what, same error that it cannot connect to device. Thinking of just returning my blacktie edition and finding another 650 for my sister or bringing back and getting a new one and trying the install again.
    Last edited by Rijal; 06/23/2006 at 11:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rijal
    Good news and bad news. My problem appears to be hardware related. I have another 650 that I bought for my sister used off ebay. Tried setting everything up on that one and it worked like a charm. Got a PIN etc, using same computer that I used before. Having trouble connecting to BB network now on her phone, keep getting hoofed off as soon as I try logging in.

I then tried hard resetting my phone, and syncing to the profile I created for my sister's phone, in order to "port" everything onto my phone. It didn't port the BBConnect settings, and told me I had to re-install. When I tried to re-install guess what, same error that it cannot connect to device. Thinking of just returning my blacktie edition and finding another 650 for my sister or bringing back and getting a new one and trying the install again.
    Getting hoofed off is because she probably doesn't have a BB data plan, right? Unless you swapped SIM cards. If you did, then you may want to sort out the account details with your carrier.

I can't remember if I asked you the ROM version on the blacktie, is it ENA 1.20 FW 1.71? There's gotta be something different about it.
    Yes you are correct on the blacktie ROM and firmware. Whats strange is the one I bought off of ebay isn't even version 1.20. Its 1.15 CNB (unlocked cingular phone). Technically shouldn't work as far as I know, yet it installed fine. I may need to upgrade the ROM on my sister's this weekend and see if that allows me to connect. Wondering if I should try a custom ROM on the blacktie, or just take it back. I'll have to think about that one.

Also, I swapped cards. I tried my old BB card and my own SIM which is set up for BB data. Trying different services to see if I can connect using T-mobile's different internet options.

I tried re-installing the software again and noticed something I think is strange but may not be. I turn the phone on like asked to do in step 3 of the installation, but once it completes my phone is off. Is this normal?

Also, I flashed my ROM on my blacktie, and re-installed the 1.20 using the palm updater online. Desktop still doesn't recognize a phone connected when trying to do the BBConnect install. I may take it back this weekend and ask for another one.
    Last edited by Rijal; 06/23/2006 at 04:30 PM.
    Over the weekend I was able to exchange my blacktie 650 for another one at the store. Tried using BBConnect with the new one, same error, cannot find handset. Must be something in the ROM. Oh well, I guess I'm back to using Versamail with active sync, which does a pretty decent job, syncs your calendar too, and somewhat simulates push since you can have your email pulled every 5 minutes.

Thanks for your help Chris.
    Has anyone gotten the 650 Black Tie Edition working with Blackberry Connect?????
    Has anyone worked out a solution for the issue with the PC and Treo not communicating during the second sync and the pin not being generated?

I have tried multiple resets/reinstalls etc and can't work out why the pin never gets created.

elusion
    If you get this type of error message and after master resetting, uninstalling and reinstalling all Palm desktop software you get the exact same message in the exact same place (the last synchronization during the installation of the Blackberry Connect Desktop),
    you probably have an incompatible Treo.

The last step of this process tries to generate a RIM PIN number (a hardware identifier), which is dependent on the IMEI (another hardware identifier) of the device. Not all IMEI numbers (probably the newer ones) are eligible to get a RIM PIN number...yet (RIM is working on it).

If this is the case, you might want to look into getting a different device, or try to argue with your provider's sales management to get a special order device with a compatible IMEI. Unfortunately, only RIM (and maybe Palm) has the list of compatible IMEI numbers and hasn't yet released that to ATT or the public.

"We do appreciate your business, have a nice day."
    Quote Originally Posted by NateDoubleG View Post
    If you get this type of error message and after master resetting, uninstalling and reinstalling all Palm desktop software you get the exact same message in the exact same place (the last synchronization during the installation of the Blackberry Connect Desktop),
    you probably have an incompatible Treo.

The last step of this process tries to generate a RIM PIN number (a hardware identifier), which is dependent on the IMEI (another hardware identifier) of the device. Not all IMEI numbers (probably the newer ones) are eligible to get a RIM PIN number...yet (RIM is working on it).

If this is the case, you might want to look into getting a different device, or try to argue with your provider's sales management to get a special order device with a compatible IMEI. Unfortunately, only RIM (and maybe Palm) has the list of compatible IMEI numbers and hasn't yet released that to ATT or the public.

"We do appreciate your business, have a nice day."
    After spending over two days while trying to install BBC on a brand new AT&T 680, I finally gave up and started making calls to AT&T, Palm & RIM in that order. RIM, after spending over 4 hours with three of their separate tech support reps concurred that only a certain range of IMEI's are compatible with the BBC, and that the compatible versions are retail packaged to reflect this information outside the box... Needless to mention, neither my AT&T tech savvy sales rep, nor most of the support staff at RIM, AT&T or even at Palm currently know about this issue. Evidently RIM has an internal Blackberry Knowledgebase KB#13533 that identifies the Treo IMEI parameters that are supported by Blackberry Connect. The (4)ea BBC compatible 680 IMEI groups are as follows:

1st Group: 35270501000000 thru 35270501999999
    2nd Group: 00440001295000 thru 00440001299999
    3rd Group: 00440145000001 thru 00440145001207
    4th Group: 01109300000000 thru 01109300999999

Hopefully this posting -while not official- can be of benefit to those readers who are also pursuing BBC on a Treo 680. The 680 is widely promoted on both the Palm, RIM and AT&T web sites as compatible with BBC - with no caveats or fine prints. I suspect that a memo will soon be drafted from RIM to AT&T regarding this issue and we will soon see the fine print on the web promotions as well as retail packaging with conspicuous labeling in order to make a more informed decision, especially if the only reason you are getting a Treo is the perceived capability to run Blackberry Connect.
    Last edited by KADI; 07/26/2007 at 07:23 PM.
    I have different problem,I use Black tie Edition with OS treo.650 1.20 ENA
    and everytime I opened BB connect and choose profile "outlook" always came out messages "The account is not provisioned properly on the server.Please contact the system administrator".I never can get pass this part..anyone know the clue can tell me what should I do?

I am really frustrated keep trying to setup email account in outlook but same problem still exist.I can't get pass this step.
    Someone help me please !

many thanks in advanced !
    First, I can't believe you found this; Second, THANK YOU for finding it! Now, if I could only get back the time I lost over the last week trying to get BBC to work on a 680 that is NOT in the right EMEI range. My guess is that none of the more recent 680's that are branded AT&T will work, as the EMEI ranges are all a lot higher than the ones below. Back to my BB. Thanks, again! > Joe

Quote Originally Posted by KADI View Post
    After spending over two days while trying to install BBC on a brand new AT&T 680, I finally gave up and started making calls to AT&T, Palm & RIM in that order. RIM, after spending over 4 hours with three of their separate tech support reps concurred that only a certain range of IMEI's are compatible with the BBC, and that the compatible versions are retail packaged to reflect this information outside the box... Needless to mention, neither my AT&T tech savvy sales rep, nor most of the support staff at RIM, AT&T or even at Palm currently know about this issue. Evidently RIM has an internal Blackberry Knowledgebase KB#13533 that identifies the Treo IMEI parameters that are supported by Blackberry Connect. The (4)ea BBC compatible 680 IMEI groups are as follows:

1st Group: 35270501000000 thru 35270501999999
    2nd Group: 00440001295000 thru 00440001299999
    3rd Group: 00440145000001 thru 00440145001207
    4th Group: 01109300000000 thru 01109300999999

Hopefully this posting -while not official- can be of benefit to those readers who are also pursuing BBC on a Treo 680. The 680 is widely promoted on both the Palm, RIM and AT&T web sites as compatible with BBC - with no caveats or fine prints. I suspect that a memo will soon be drafted from RIM to AT&T regarding this issue and we will soon see the fine print on the web promotions as well as retail packaging with conspicuous labeling in order to make a more informed decision, especially if the only reason you are getting a Treo is the perceived capability to run Blackberry Connect.
    Hello Everyone, I have been working for weeks with ATT, RIM, and PALM on this issue. Just today (8/1/2007) Palm tells me their level 3 tech support is working on the issue with AT&T. The IMEI's not listed in the previous thread will not work with the BlackBerry Connect. There is also no time frame for this to get fixed.

Good luck to anyone stuck in the Trea680 BBC never-never land.
    Hello Everyone,

I downloaded the new version of BB connect for the 680 from the Palm website and everything is working great!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast