Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire
    You are saying all the right things, but nothing seems to be working. I just stripped my pc from all BB and BBC software. I switched back to my personal SIM card (w/ BB unlimited plan on my account) and I get the same message box:

Communication with the device was not successful.

Please verify the following and try again:
    1. Ensure the handset is connected to the computer
    2. Ensure the Blackberry software is running on the handset.

For Further details please consult the user guide.

I don't understand what can be different with my 650 to my colleagues 650. They are both out of the box new and get different results. The only difference is that he took his SIM from his BB 7100 and put it into the 650. I took mine from my 8700 and put it into my 650.
    I don't know what else could be a factor here, to be honest. Something in between the Treo cable and the laptop/desktop, like a USB hub? Some other conduit in the Hotsync Manager?

This is now a stock Treo with no 3rd party stuff, right? No other apps onboard that could be interrupting the communication between Treo and computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by david482
    I have had the exact same issue. I tried wipping out the Troe and starting again no luck. I had the IT guys take me off the BES and put me back on and still no joy. A funny thing tht happened after they took me off the server and put back on the PIN that had been showing up in the BBC now said unknown? My admin normally has us activate using the wireless activation, they give us a Pword and we use our email. Is there another way they should add me back? I like my 8700 but really want to get this palm working.
    The Treo can not use wireless Enterprise Activation. It only supports cabled EA via the BlackBerry hotsync conduit.

I don't have any recommendations for you on a stock device, unfortunately. Following the instructions ought to work okay, but support documentation for this software (from Palm or RIM) seems to be sketchy at best -- at least right now.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    maybe this was already covered, but did you go to the hotsync manager / custom / blackberry / change and select enable bb on next hotsync ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
    I don't know what else could be a factor here, to be honest. Something in between the Treo cable and the laptop/desktop, like a USB hub? Some other conduit in the Hotsync Manager?

This is now a stock Treo with no 3rd party stuff, right? No other apps onboard that could be interrupting the communication between Treo and computer?
    That's correct, stock Trep 650 and no 3rd party apps or conduits running. What's really weird is that I can run Hotsync with no issues. So I atleast know its not a cable/port issue.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Could this have something to do with having the USB cable attached and not the power cable also? Just wondering.....
    Quote Originally Posted by aabshire
    Could this have something to do with having the USB cable attached and not the power cable also? Just wondering.....

I was sure hoping it was something simple like that.....but of course not.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thought it was worth a shot.. Still working with co-worker on attempting to get theirs setup. Mine went without a hitch.
    I am curious to what is consistent for the folks that are having this issue. Is it device, computer configuration, carrier service?
    Brian McGuire
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Mine worked: XP Pro, Dell Desktop, Sprint.
    Coworker w/err: XP Pro, Dell Laptop, Sprint.

I also wonder if maybe it has something to do with if you had the Versamail conduit already "active" and syncing mail. Mine was not so I had to active it in order to get it installed. Also mine is a custom ROM with Versamail removed, and the coworkers is the base ROM with no changes.
    Mine worked: XP Pro, Dell Desktop, Sprint.
    Coworker w/err: XP Pro, Dell Laptop, Sprint.

I also wonder if maybe it has something to do with if you had the Versamail conduit already "active" and syncing mail. Mine was not so I had to active it in order to get it installed. Also mine is a custom ROM with Versamail removed, and the coworkers is the base ROM with no changes.
    You don't have VM in ROM, and BBC still works?!

That's amazing. I wonder when someone will try to cram this updated version into a ROM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    The BBC install does a full reinstall of Versamail if you look at the .prcs that are installed. It is version 3.5

AboutBoxLib.prc
    Address.prc
    AddressLib.prc
    AirSAM.prc
    AirSAMPrv.prc
    bb-xxx.xx.xx.xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.prc
    bb-blackberry.net-xxx.xx.xx.xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.prc
    bb-cdma-registration-ids.prc
    BBAttachViewer.prc
    BBAttachViewer_enUS.prc
    BESSAM.prc
    BESSAMCal.prc
    BgService.prc
    CarrierProfiles2.pdb
    CategoryLib.prc
    CDMAExtraLib_Device.prc
    Datebook.prc
    DatebookLib.prc
    DmTxn.prc
    HotSyncPBStk.prc
    IIDataLib.prc
    Memo.prc
    MIAttachLib.prc
    MIDataLib.prc
    MMConduit.prc
    MMConfigFPI.prc
    MMHtmlPlugin.prc
    MMMailTo.prc
    MMNotify.prc
    MMPhotos.prc
    MMPluginMGR.prc
    MMPRCPlugin.prc
    MMSDCard.prc
    MMSmartAdd.prc
    MMTextPlugin.prc
    MMUnzipPlugin.prc
    MMUpgrade.prc
    MMVCal.prc
    MMVCardPlugin.prc
    MMWave.prc
    MMWizard.prc
    MMWordPlugin.prc
    MM_BES_FPI.prc
    MultiMail.prc
    NetworkProfiles2.pdb
    PalmVMFontLibrary.prc
    SAMgr.prc
    SecurityApp.prc
    TextLookupFPI.prc
    ToDo.prc
    TxnLogLib.prc
    _MMServers.pdb
    The BBC install does a full reinstall of Versamail if you look at the .prcs that are installed. It is version 3.5
    Thanks, good info. Maybe I will try to cram the VM 3.5 into a custom ROM this weekend, if I'm feeling motivated.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Chris, if you do let us know how it goes. I also was thinking about it but I still have 12.5 MB free.
    I wiped out everything, hard reset and started from scratch. Had the IT folks delete and re-add me to the BES. Install goes fine until BBC then will not connect to the Treo and in the BBC desktop it says unknow pin? While this is going on I am talking to the IT folks and they are checking for me to see what is happening. "Never seen this before" was the response. IT seemed that on the BES the PIN kept switching between a numeric and alpha numeric pin? Any suggestions my IT folks are stumped.
    Quote Originally Posted by david482
    I wiped out everything, hard reset and started from scratch. Had the IT folks delete and re-add me to the BES. Install goes fine until BBC then will not connect to the Treo and in the BBC desktop it says unknow pin? While this is going on I am talking to the IT folks and they are checking for me to see what is happening. "Never seen this before" was the response. IT seemed that on the BES the PIN kept switching between a numeric and alpha numeric pin? Any suggestions my IT folks are stumped.
    I had a similar problem yesterday when reverting from T650 to 7290. Despite a remove/re-add the BES insisted on keeping the T650's PIN rather than the 7290's PIN. Eventually I had to delete my user profile from the Domino BlackBerry Profiles DB. Not sure if you are running Exchange or Domino but something similar may be required.
    we are using an Exchange server and my IT folks deleted me and re-added me, not sure if there is more they could have deleted. Unfortunately I cannot just do it myself. The only Pin that evered shoed up on the BBC was my original 8700 Pin. Once I deleted everything and started over the BBC could nver get a Pin from the T650?
    Anyone know if BB Connect will work with the T600? I never upgraded because the difference between the 600 and 650 wasn't enough of an upgrade for me, and still waiting for a new GSM version to come out!

Will BB Connect work with T600? Wondering why not if the answer is no....
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire
    You are saying all the right things, but nothing seems to be working. I just stripped my pc from all BB and BBC software. I switched back to my personal SIM card (w/ BB unlimited plan on my account) and I get the same message box:

Communication with the device was not successful.

Please verify the following and try again:
    1. Ensure the handset is connected to the computer
    2. Ensure the Blackberry software is running on the handset.

For Further details please consult the user guide.

I don't understand what can be different with my 650 to my colleagues 650. They are both out of the box new and get different results. The only difference is that he took his SIM from his BB 7100 and put it into the 650. I took mine from my 8700 and put it into my 650.
    I have the same problem. I believe you mentioned in an earlier post that your colleague installation worked correctly. Have you tried it with the SIM card from his BB? Just curious if accounts are setup differently due to different BB hardware. I have a BB 7290.
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyeca
    I have the same problem. I believe you mentioned in an earlier post that your colleague installation worked correctly. Have you tried it with the SIM card from his BB? Just curious if accounts are setup differently due to different BB hardware. I have a BB 7290.
    I have not tried using his SIM. I did however try it using my company issued BB 7290 SIM (different SIM then my personal) to see if that worked. I get the same error. It's hard to tell if its a physical connection issue or a wireless provisioning issue.
    Brian McGuire
    During installation, I get an a "not provision" error message. If you ever get this to work, please let me know. I have tried reinstalling several times and pretty much giving up on this now.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast