1.    #1  
    I just spent some time on the phone with Sprint. After they mis-transfered me three times, they finally figured out that they wouldn't have the phone the end of the month. This I already knew. I tried to find out if I could purchase from Palm's website for the $399 price and add a 2-year service agreement. After they transferred me to Palm, I found out that it was not possible.

The Palm agent told me that it should be in Sprint stores. I told him they said end of month, but he said today. So I hung up and gave that a shot. Of course the Sprint store said end of month as well.

So being an out of contract Sprint customer kind of gets the shaft if want a good deal now.
    I'm a long time Palm & Sprint user and still on my very reliable T600 for over two and a half years. So I'm in the same boat. It is frustrating but I haven't given up. I will wait for Sprint to start shipping, then work out a deal with retentions. The concurrent Verizon release should give us leverage in negotiating. I've been successful before so I haven't given up hope. Good luck to all Sprint and Palm faithfuls.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    So I'm 1 year into a 2year Sprint contract. Would that make me more screwed than you guys? There's no way I'm paying full price.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    I'm a long time Palm & Sprint user and still on my very reliable T600 for over two and a half years. So I'm in the same boat. It is frustrating but I haven't given up. I will wait for Sprint to start shipping, then work out a deal with retentions. The concurrent Verizon release should give us leverage in negotiating. I've been successful before so I haven't given up hope. Good luck to all Sprint and Palm faithfuls.
    I am in exactly the same boa as you ChemEngr. But I also want to get my wife a new phone (not a treo) so I'm thinking I'm gonna wait for Sprint to have them and maybe wait for the Sprint store.

I need to work out a deal for both phones.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    gaffa,

we on the same island (TV show Lost). wife and I sign up the family plan last year...so it added 2year contract...or else I'll be talking to retentions instead. I believe they'll tell you use the rebate ($75 or $150). currenly sprint's cs computer is upgrading (since Saturdsay) so not much more we can do than ...wait.... maybe wait for another month for other discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland

So being an out of contract Sprint customer kind of gets the shaft if want a good deal now.
    Well, not 700p-related, but if you're out of contract, you can get SERO before it's gone forever. That'll probably save you the cost of the phone over the next 2 years.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I was out of contract with Sprint since the beginning of the year. I don't qualify for any rebates since I got my 650 in August of last year. I called them and asked them if I were to sign a contract would they give me $150 off the Treo, and they did it no problem
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    A lot of members want this device so bad they are willing to pay the whole price, when all they have to do is wait a week or so...I am part of gen X, but they have to be kids without morgages, cars, toys and wives to not be responsible of economics. As I get older...wheeling and dealing makes me feel real good when I walk out with the same device some sucker payed full price for, and I enjoy it more because I saved money...Just because I can afford it, doesn't mean I want to pay it.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Unless the developer deal is better...
    at&t iPhone3G
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Well, not 700p-related, but if you're out of contract, you can get SERO before it's gone forever. That'll probably save you the cost of the phone over the next 2 years.
    That's a good call. I'm actually hoping to swing the $399 Treo and the SERO at the same time. To be honest, SERO isn't probably going to save me much, unless they toss in unlimited text messaging that I need for work now, but I think it will give me more minutes (which I don't even currently use).

At least it's not a long wait from here.