1.    #1  
    There's all kind of info floating around these threads about different deals/prices people are getting on the 700p itself and their monthly plans. I just want to know what's the best REAL deal someone has received through Palm/Sprint? I don't have a best friend or brother-in-law that works for Sprint, ya know?

I have been a Sprint Customer for years and I've had the 650 for almost a year, so I don't qualify for any of the n00b discounts. I'm sure many of you are in the same situation, so what's the best phone/plan prices you've found? What's up with the corporate coupons? Any floating around yet?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I got it for $399 from retention with no contract.
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    I was only into my renewed contract for 4 months and I was able to get the phone for $199. Had to renew the contract again ofcourse. Not a bad deal considering I got to keep my 650 which is going on ebay.
    Check out my thread here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=117683

This is really what happened to me just late last week- I don't have a "best friend or relative" who works at Sprint either- really!

You just have to make sure you speak to someone at RETENTIONS, NOT regular Customer Service- I just don't think CS drones have the authority to give you as good a deal as does retentions.

Really, just give it a try- be straightforward with what you want, and keep trying until you get a sympathetic and helpful retentions rep that is willing to work with you (I guess it was the luck of the draw, but it only took me one try before I got the deal I wrote about!).

Good luck, and let us know how you did!

Neo
    Amazon now has verizon 700p for $299 thru today w/ $40 per mo. voice plan

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...bosnation0e-20

Here's a contract term I don't understand:

"with a new, one-year (some carriers require two-year terms) service agreement"

It's a verizon phone ... what other carriers might require something
    You'll save a lot more money in the long run with a super-duper plan and a little higher price for the Treo. I currently have a bill of just over $20/month INCLUDING taxes with SERO (Vision and lots of other good things included) and employee discount and $5/month/line discount. 5 months ago I was paying $70/mo for an inferior plan.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    There's all kind of info floating around these threads about different deals/prices people are getting on the 700p itself and their monthly plans. I just want to know what's the best REAL deal someone has received through Palm/Sprint? I don't have a best friend or brother-in-law that works for Sprint, ya know?

I have been a Sprint Customer for years and I've had the 650 for almost a year, so I don't qualify for any of the n00b discounts. I'm sure many of you are in the same situation, so what's the best phone/plan prices you've found? What's up with the corporate coupons? Any floating around yet?
    $79.99 for a 700p, free shipping, $59.95/mo. for 1000 min./mo. on Sprint + usual options like PowerVision.

See http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SPRINT-TREO-...QQcmdZViewItem

I got my 700p from a similar Sprint reseller, but paid $20 more.
    That one's a bit awkward to my understanding

You are not upgrading an existing Sprint/Nextel phone number

You are not activating a new line of service that requires a deposit.
    OK so it can't be an existing line and it can't be a new line ... what otehr options re there ?

Looks like it's a $100 a month plan requirement $59.99 voice / #39.99 phoen a smodem.
    I think new lines can be activated, just not new lines that require a deposit, ie. people with no credit.
    ah.....always had good credit .... never experienced that stuff.