Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Can you point me to a Sprint or Verizon document that says this? I spoke with reps from both Sprint and Verizon yesterday and neither confirmed this $15 price point.

The Verizon rep said that $45 would include tethering. And the Sprint rep said that the $25 Phone as Modem plan would include unlimited PowerVision on the phone only, and 40MB of tethering.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Damon
    Direct from VZW's press release at this link: http://news.vzw.com/news/2006/05/pr2006-05-23.html

Keep in mind when ordering this feature addition to your plan to use the words "BroadbandAccess Connect" with the CSR otherwise they will never find the option in the system.

$79.99 monthly access – includes 450 anytime minutes with unlimited data usage*, unlimited IN calling and unlimited nights and weekends ($0.45 per minute after allowance).
    $109.99 monthly access – includes 1,350 anytime minutes with unlimited data usage*, unlimited IN calling and unlimited nights and weekends ($0.35 per minute after allowance).
    $169.99 monthly access – includes 4,000 anytime minutes with unlimited data usage*, unlimited IN calling and unlimited nights and weekends ($0.25 per minute after allowance).
    *Unlimited data usage for Internet browsing, e-mail and intranet access within the National Enhanced Services Rate & Coverage Area

In addition, customers interested in using their Palm Treo 700p as a modem to send and receive data from their laptops can do so using dial-up networking with Verizon Wireless’ BroadbandAccess Connect service. Customers with the Treo 700p and an unlimited data plan with qualifying voice plan can get unlimited BroadbandAccess Connect for $15 monthly access fee, which for many is considerably less than signing up for Wi-Fi access at coffee shops, airports and hotels. Without the qualifying voice plan, customers can get BroadbandAccess Connect with an unlimited data plan for a $30 monthly access fee.
    Thanks for the link, but my concern is that this info isn't on the website and the reps don't know about it.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    1) Go to http://www.cellreception.com/coverage/index.html
    2) Read posts from users in your neighborhood.
    3) Choose your plan.

I hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Thanks for the link, but my concern is that this info isn't on the website and the reps don't know about it.

When VZW rolled out the Blackberry 7130e which was one of the first models to "legally" allow tethering and the BoradbandAccess Connect plan, the same problem occurred with CSRs not knowing about it. I and others have found that if you have the CSR do a search on "BroadbandAccess Connect," they'll find the option.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    1) Go to http://www.cellreception.com/coverage/index.html
    2) Read posts from users in your neighborhood.
    3) Choose your plan.

I hope that helps.
    Thanks! That is now a bookmarked site for me!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12