Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Family plans (shared minutes) do not appear to be available on Palm website for ordering with 700P. Can I assume that if I want to get the 700P with a family plan, I'll need to do that at a sprint or verizon store?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Family plans (shared minutes) do not appear to be available on Palm website for ordering with 700P. Can I assume that if I want to get the 700P with a family plan, I'll need to do that at a sprint or verizon store?
    What are you trying to do? If you are trying to add a line to get the 2-year contract deal you would have to deal directly with the carrier. I did this with my 650 and VZW last July at a store but you could probably do it over the phone as well.
    Yeah I have the same concern. I have a family share plan - my phone and my wife's. I would switch over to Sprint, but JUST upgraded my wife's phone two weeks ago (it was her window for upgrade). So I really kind of need to stick with VZW. But I, too, see no options on their website to see what the costs would be for me to uprade my phone/account in August (when my upgrade window opens) on the family share plan. I guess I am just going to have to go to the store and talk to someone directly. Ugh.
    If you go directly to Verizonswireless site you can choose those options there. I just configured a family plan....
    They will have the family plan available for the 700p, patience is a virtue
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer
    Yeah I have the same concern. I have a family share plan - my phone and my wife's. I would switch over to Sprint, but JUST upgraded my wife's phone two weeks ago (it was her window for upgrade). So I really kind of need to stick with VZW. But I, too, see no options on their website to see what the costs would be for me to uprade my phone/account in August (when my upgrade window opens) on the family share plan. I guess I am just going to have to go to the store and talk to someone directly. Ugh.
    If your line is the primary # you would get the 2 year contract price ($499) plus the New Every Two Credit ($100) to get the 700p for $399. If your line is a secondary line you would get it at the 2-year contract price of $499. In either case I would go to a store or just call their sales line and they'll set you up.

Also, those voice/data bundles are not avaialble in family plans. It would be $44.99 for unlimited data but they also have 20MB for $24.99 if you call and ask for it.
    they already have a family plan for it, pay attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    If your line is the primary # you would get the 2 year contract price ($499) plus the New Every Two Credit ($100) to get the 700p for $399. If your line is a secondary line you would get it at the 2-year contract price of $499. In either case I would go to a store or just call their sales line and they'll set you up.
    For Verizon, i believe you have to pay for the new every two year option. So if you didn't put into it, your not getting that deduction. Unless ofcourse, Verizon screwed me....Again....
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    For Verizon, i believe you have to pay for the new every two year option. So if you didn't put into it, your not getting that deduction. Unless ofcourse, Verizon screwed me....Again....
    Depends, you have a certain amount of time to use the credit when your intitial 2 year (technically 22 months) contract expires. But if they told you you had to pay money for it you got screwed.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I currently have verizon, but am probably going to go over to Sprint (both would be family plan) and give it a 2 week trial to verify good coverage. My verizon 2 year contract is up in August, so I'd just keep minimal coverage with them and leave in at the end of August.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    I currently have verizon, but am probably going to go over to Sprint (both would be family plan) and give it a 2 week trial to verify good coverage. My verizon 2 year contract is up in August, so I'd just keep minimal coverage with them and leave in at the end of August.
    Keep in mind that two week trial is only for equipment (I think). If you sign a service contract with them you are stuck. I would suggest trying a prepaid plan for a month so there's no commitment but it doesn't look like Sprint provides one.
    Keep in mind that two week trial is only for equipment (I think). If you sign a service contract with them you are stuck. I would suggest trying a prepaid plan for a month so there's no commitment but it doesn't look like Sprint provides one.
    My understanding is that that the 2 week trial is for equipment and service. You only pay for the calls you made. That is the way it works on VZW and the way it worked on Sprint the last time I thought about switching.
    Depends, you have a certain amount of time to use the credit when your intitial 2 year (technically 22 months) contract expires. But if they told you you had to pay money for it you got screwed.
    Well i guess that's one more complaint for the books. Go Verizon!!
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    2 week trial is definitely for phone AND plan.
    State law requires 30 days in some states. i.e. cali