Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    I just called Sprint (1-800-SPRINT1). No love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint Telesales

    If it's not on our website, then we're not selling it yet.
    Despite the May 16th news release entitled "Sprint Announces Plans to Be First to Offer Mobile Broadband-Capable Palm Treo Running Palm OS," both Palm and Verizon have beaten them to the punch.

    For those of us that would rather not switch to Verizon or go through the process of buying from Palm & dealing with Sprint later, may I say...

    C'mon Sprint!!!!

    Now the question is...do I keep checking this forum hourly? or daily? Sprint's not really going to drag this out 'til next week, are they?
  2. #2  
    It's not really 'available' from Verizon. They are taking orders and beat Sprint to it. According to Palm, it will still be available to Sprint a few weeks earlier.

    http://web.palm.com/support/special_shipping_msg.jhtml
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  3.    #3  
    Speaking as an early adopter...I just want Sprint to take my $$$ now instead of having to wait a week to give it to 'em.

    I see folks ordering from VZW and Palm. I wanna play too.
  4. #4  
    I just spoke to Sprint Telephone Sales. They will begin taking orders on Sunday, May 28.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    I just spoke to Sprint Telephone Sales. They will begin taking orders on Sunday, May 28.
    I'm really hoping they will be in stores by the 28th. Already been bugging the local mgr this past weekend. He's even got my work email to notify me when they arrive.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  6. #6  
    I ordered mine today from vzw. they took my $ and I will get my phone in about 3 days....when is Sprint releasing it again??
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    I ordered mine today from vzw. they took my $ and I will get my phone in about 3 days....when is Sprint releasing it again??
    How is that possible when Verizon announced they will release the 700p in a few weeks like a week ago??
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    I ordered mine today from vzw. they took my $ and I will get my phone in about 3 days....when is Sprint releasing it again??
    Good luck with that!!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    C'mon Sprint!!!!
    Ditto.
  10. jhasty's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #10  
    I called Sprint this morning about the 700P. They will not be offering it until next week. And they will have it three weeks before Verizon.

    But there are gotchas: Since I ordered my 650 during it's debut, I haven't had it long enough to qualify for Sprint discount. They changed the upgrade time from 18 to 24 months. Which means most of us early adopters will lose out on that $200 credit until November.

    Second, they are raising the Internet plan price for the 700p from $15 to $20.

    Palm's order site will only give you the $399 price if you are a NEW Sprint or Verizon customer. It is $649 otherwise. They will give you a $150 trade-in on the 650. But that wll only bring the price down to $499. Not worth it in my book.

    I became a Sprint customer the first day they offered service in my area. But I may be switching to Verizon in June.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasty
    I called Sprint this morning about the 700P. They will not be offering it until next week. And they will have it three weeks before Verizon.

    But there are gotchas: Since I ordered my 650 during it's debut, I haven't had it long enough to qualify for Sprint discount. They changed the upgrade time from 18 to 24 months. Which means most of us early adopters will lose out on that $200 credit until November.

    Second, they are raising the Internet plan price for the 700p from $15 to $20.

    Palm's order site will only give you the $399 price if you are a NEW Sprint or Verizon customer. It is $649 otherwise. They will give you a $150 trade-in on the 650. But that wll only bring the price down to $499. Not worth it in my book.

    I became a Sprint customer the first day they offered service in my area. But I may be switching to Verizon in June.
    Hi Jhasty!

    I am not sure on the PowerVision Pricing -- their own in store brochure has it starting at $15, then $20, then $25 -- only difference being is the number of SprintTV channels included.

    Cheers, Perry.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Jhasty!

    I am not sure on the PowerVision Pricing -- their own in store brochure has it starting at $15, then $20, then $25 -- only difference being is the number of SprintTV channels included.

    Cheers, Perry.
    $20 has unlimited pics mail. 9.99 a month add on for All the LIVE stations.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    $20 has unlimited pics mail. 9.99 a month add on for All the LIVE stations.
    Thanks Vike!!

    I missed the pics part.

    Cheers, Perry.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhasty
    I called Sprint this morning about the 700P. . .

    Second, they are raising the Internet plan price for the 700p from $15 to $20.
    This jives with what Sprint retentions told me on Saturday. She said they were dispensing with the 3 tiers of power vision on their 3G phones. Instead, one price (albeit she said $15) gets you the whole data kit-n-kaboodle -- everything except DUN.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    This jives with what Sprint retentions told me on Saturday. She said they were dispensing with the 3 tiers of power vision on their 3G phones. Instead, one price (albeit she said $15) gets you the whole data kit-n-kaboodle -- everything except DUN.


    I can't see that including the 9.99 a month LIVE TV. The channels you get with "Basic and "Plus" SUCK. Also say goodbye to any text messaging you had, that is no longer included in data plans. Any download credit you had is also gone.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I can't see that including the 9.99 a month LIVE TV. The channels you get with "Basic and "Plus" SUCK. Also say goodbye to any text messaging you had, that is no longer included in data plans. Any download credit you had is also gone.
    She said the one price includes everything in the access, plus and ultimate power vision packs.

    You're right about the texts, although a phone call to retentions could fix that (it did for me). Yep, download credit is gone.
  17. #17  
    so how much will sprint sell this phone for? 645 or 549, no contract no strings attached?
    Treoing & Loving it
  18. #18  
    $649.99, an arm and a leg

    $399 with two-year contract
    Last edited by justbrown522; 05/22/2006 at 04:52 PM.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
  19. jhasty's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #19  
    The most important piece of my post was that any Sprint Treo 650 user in ineligible for a phone upgrade rebate until you have had the phone for two years. The original phones came out October 2004. So no 650 user has had the phone long enuogh to qualify. The rebate is usually $150 or $200.

    The old policy was 18 months. They changed it when they merged with Nextel to 24 months. Palm, on the other hand, is timing the new model for 18 months.

    Sounds like Retentions is going to get a lot of calls next week.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    I ordered mine today from vzw. they took my $ and I will get my phone in about 3 days....when is Sprint releasing it again??
    Me too...they said 2-5 days.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions