Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Why does it say some places $499 for two year contract and $399 for 2 year contract. Im confused
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by airoid
    Me too...they said 2-5 days.
    Suckers...you won't see it that soon. VZ is just trying to counter Sprint with offering the better price deal for new and only new customers due to knowing Sprint will have better data pricing which will win in the end unless VZ makes some price changing. And if you do get it in 1-2, or 2-5 days...good for you, and I am wrong with my speculation. Let the gouging continue...
    at&t iPhone3G
    I bet verizon took orders on the W that is why they are claiming 2 or 3 days

Fred
    It sounds like Verizon is doing it to take sales away from Sprint. It was on Palm's website since the minute they posted you could buy that Sprint 700p's would be shipped within a week and Verizon was 3-4 weeks. I hope you Verizon customers do get them in 3 days, but something doesn't seem right.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I don't care if it makes sense :-). My feeling is Verizon wants to sell from their website first to handle the rush and when the rush is down (in 2-3 weeks) then it will sell on Palm's website.

Everytime I've ordered a phone from Verizon I get it the day after they ship it, but I have a feeling this won't be shipped for a couple of days.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Why does it say some places $499 for two year contract and $399 for 2 year contract. Im confused
    Join the club.

I think it depends how long you've had your current phone. Most Treo 650 owners are under the 24-month cutoff, so they only get a $75 discount w/ a 2-year agreement instead of $150.

Then again, it could be something completely different. We really need a Sprint-o-meter that lets you answer a few questions and spits out your upfront and recurring monthly charges. Sometimes I think it's easier to buy a car than figure out all of these plans.

700p + ~1500 minutes/month shared between 2 phones + unlimited data = ??? + ???/month. Now if I throw in unlimited tethering, it becomes what?

...oh, and don't forget to throw in $6/mo for protection (in case your 700p reaches terminal velocity on the way to the floor) and $12/mo for taxes & surchases.

I've got know idea.

Maybe Sprint has the best deals for data out there...well, they better have. 'Cause as soon as it's a level playing field and I can enjoy a 700p on a GSM network, I'm outta here (I travel internationally occassionally during which time my Treo 650 serves as a paperweight).
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Sometimes I think it's easier to buy a car than figure out all of these plans.
    I hear ya 4spammers.

I've always said the two of the most confusing schemes are:
    1. Cell phone plans
    2. Airline fares
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12