Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dir Assist seems like a great program to have... gotta find burritos!!!

Might I ask how much it is?
    DA is a Freebie...donations accepted IIRC
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    What's the first app. you're going to install on your 700P?

First one for me will be LCD Analyzer to see if there are any dead pixels.

Can I have more than one application?

1. Treo Alarms
    2. Dr. Drugs
    3. Pocket Quicken
    4. Express
    5. My Bible
    6. Chatter Mail

7. and after reading the forum "Key Caps" Too

and a bunch more!

I really like ChatterMail!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    ChangeName is also a good appilcation to use all your registered apps on a new device.

Jimmie, what is the address for ChangeName
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    This is what I will install:

1. Ringo Pro
    2. Agendus Pro
    3. Uninstall Manager
    4. Chattermail
    5. Village Sim
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    The first app I will install? Nothing. Nada. I'm going to use it stock with only my Palm Desktop data for at least a week, if not a month. At that point I'll consider other software after reading all of your beta testing reports!
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    The first app I will install? Nothing. Nada. I'm going to use it stock with only my Palm Desktop data for at least a week, if not a month. At that point I'll consider other software after reading all of your beta testing reports!
    Although that sounds good, I don't think you will be able to resist trying out at least one app within the first month.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Wisdom is the sum of lessons learned thru pain and suffering. You are wise beyond your years grasshopper. I hope the pain and suffering left no lasting scars, other than the wisdom.

Cheers, Perry.
    Brilliant. We might all learn a lesson from this approach, but I wouldn't push it beyond a week - you might suffer extreme DT's.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Honestly, I've been waiting to integrate my Palm (currently used 99% for contact data, caledar, memos and web surfing and light emailing) with my phone since I first heard of the Treo. I was so disappointed with the 650 one year ago that I had to abandon it for a separate phone and Palm. That was a major bummer. The joy I will get in once again moving to only one device in my pocket will be enough to last me at least a month. All other extras like 3rd party apps will just be gravey. If the 700p has a decent radio and crashes a bit less than the 650, that in itself will make me the happiest camper on this board!
    I can't quite understand why, if we've all be so excited to get this thing for what, 8 months now, why you'd ever want to just leave it stock, out of the box, for a month. Seems like so many of the advantages of hte new hardware would be lost.

First thing i'll do: Try and make a custom ROM if the ROM drivers work

Second, without question....in goes Uninstall Manager and then Chatteremail With OWA Exchange support.

After that....who knows, so much to play with.....Z-launcher defintiely, KeyCaps maybe, BackupBuddy, Directory Assist, CradleON...the list goes on an on. My 700p has to have at least the same functionality as my 650, otherwise, what's the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    ...My 700p has to have at least the same functionality as my 650, otherwise, what's the point.
    For so many of us who lived through the Treo 300 to 600 and the TRe0 600 to 650 cycles, there are problems no matter how much testing and improvem,ents Palm makes. Leaving it "stock" at least for a shakedown period (I think dans week would be enough) let's all the other geeks troubleshoot for you, and avoid conflicts where you don't know if it's the OS, a stock program (Docs to Go 8), or your hacks and add-ons causing the problem.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    1. KeyCaps
    2. DirAssistant
    3. Handmark Express
    4. PocketTunes (DELUXE)
    5. LightWav
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    1. KeyCaps
    2. DirAssistant
    3. Handmark Express
    4. PocketTunes (DELUXE)
    5. LightWav

You may not need Handmark Express anymore -- I thought I read somewhere that Handmark Express is Sprint's "On Demand" application, only renamed. We will have to see. That will save me $6 a month. If so, .
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    KeyCaps
    Pocket Tunes(deluxe)
    BBC
    Initiate
    Bulter
    Phone Tech
    RSuduko
    TCMP
    DirAssist
    PalmBible+
    TakePhone??
    ShortCut5
    You actually think "On Demand" will be free?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    BBC? Aashire how are you getting BBC on your TREO? I didn't find a listing for it in Shoutcast. Can we download audio and video files directly from a website (like Rhapsody, XM, BBC) without going through a thrid party software?? If so, that along is worth the upgrade for me. Can't wait to get my Treo today.
    I'm sure glad the new 700p will come installed with Docs To Go. It's so annoying that I've had to reinstall Docs To Go several times when the app gets corrupted for any number of reasons.

CC
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    You actually think "On Demand" will be free?
    Will have to see what happens. I thought I saw it on a PowerVision brochure as an included app, but can't remember. I thought it was strange at the time, given that I am paying $6 for it. However, it is a nice "one stop shopping" collection for what you could go find yourself on the Web for free. Then again -- it makes sense that Sprint would add it as a standard part of the PowerVision feature set for that quality "user experience." Handmark would go from $6 a month revenue for those purchasing -- to $x.xx per month on 100% of Sprint Treo 700p handsets.. . . . .

We will see.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/24/2006 at 09:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Sorry about that, I was refering to Blackberry Connect for Palm....
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast