Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I apologize in advance if there are other threads on the topic*

I am currently with t-mobile and like many other on this forum - i am looking to upgrade to the new 700p and take advantage of sprints sero plan. So this is my plan

• I just signed up for sero! 1250 minutes (including data): + $5 Unlimited text= $55.00
    • I purchased the plan with the free phone Motorola C290
    • I plan to sell my unlocked treo for about $250 - $300 and the C290 for about $80 - $100 on ebay
    • Treo 700p $649.99 - $350 or so back from ebaying my stuff = $300 out of pocket, savings from sero plan = $$$$

If you signed up for the SERO plan on the sprint.com/SERO site, you have to keep the phone you got from there for six months before you can change to a new phone.
  3.    #3  
    I highly doubt thats the case if so - i'm certainly SOL - i'll call em tomorrow to confirm
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    If you signed up for the SERO plan on the sprint.com/SERO site, you have to keep the phone you got from there for six months before you can change to a new phone.
    That is not true. My coworker got himself a crappy phone with SERO and activated it instantly with his new PPC-6700 upon receipt.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Ah well, that's what I read on another of the hundreds of SERO threads here.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I know personally numerous people that have switched phones (ESN swap) within days of receiving their crap phone though SERO.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I would be willing to bet that Sprint will give you the same trial period with any new phone. therefore, if you buy a cheap phone and get the SERO plan, you should be able to swap phones at least within Sprints normal 14 day trial period.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    If I understand this correctly, the best plan of attack for a 650'er would be to trade in your 650 for a 700p at Palm.com, select a crappy phone at the sero web site, then activate the service with the 700p.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    If I understand this correctly, the best plan of attack for a 650'er would be to trade in your 650 for a 700p at Palm.com, select a crappy phone at the sero web site, then activate the service with the 700p.
    I think the best plan is to check the SERO website (sprint.com/SERO) on May 28 to see if the 700p is a selectable phone choice then go from there. That's what I plan on doing, if it's there I'll be getting it then.
  10.    #10  
    I'm strongly inclined to believe that the 700p is not going to make it to the sero website before the offer ends (Sero offer goes away in june). The ppc 6700 is not even on there as of last night when i last checked.
    I plan on using the sero plan of attack too. However, the 700p must be offered there, otherwise no free PowerVision. If you buy a regular crappy phone through sero, or said another way, a non-powerVision phone, you won't be able to select the free, or heavily discounted powervision with the order. Wouldn't this cause a wrinkle in the "crappy phone" approach?
  12.    #12  
    the plan i got with the "crappy phone" included data....i dont think that should be an issue. Unless maybe you wanted the tethering option.
    If someone sees the 700p on the SERO website, please let us know.
    my concern that they would give me "vision" and not "powervision". I ordered my wife a Samsung A900 PowerVision phone through SERO, and it clearly offered me PowerVision as an add-on to the service plan. I think that if you choose a standard , non-3G phone, the data plan SERO would offer would be "vision". I have a Tro 600 now with the Vision plan---very slow data speeds...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    ...Sero offer goes away in june...
    Please excuse my obtuseness. Where did Sprint announce this?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    I think the best plan is to check the SERO website (sprint.com/SERO) on May 28 to see if the 700p is a selectable phone choice then go from there. That's what I plan on doing, if it's there I'll be getting it then.
    I'm inclined to do that first because I don't know how much the sero site will price the 700p. Unless the word is already out.
    ...at the bottom of the SERO webpage. Says that the offer expires at the end of June.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoHoTreo
    ...at the bottom of the SERO webpage. Says that the offer expires at the end of June.
    https://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/sp...epclanding.asp

"Offers end 6/30/06"

I just checked the phone selection and the 650 is no longer there and it was this morning. I wonder if it's because they will be adding the 700p?
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Anyone got suggestions on getting the info from an employee to activate a sero account? I don't know anyone!!
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens
    Anyone got suggestions on getting the info from an employee to activate a sero account? I don't know anyone!!
    google "@sprint.com" and enter in one of the several emails that gets returned. Or go to a Sprint stroe or kiosk and grab a business card and use the email off there.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast