Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You left out the part where you resell that brand new A920 for > $120.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    You left out the part where you resell that brand new A920 for > $120.
    Not really, I always like to have a good back up phone just in case. Besides, I'd get more of a tax deduction if I donate it
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Not really, I always like to have a good back up phone just in case. Besides, I'd get more of a tax deduction if I donate it

You cann't donate or sell it out within 180 days.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114920

The best way to do it is choosing the free phone and keep it for 6 month. Within this 6 month, you can use your treo 700p at SERO plan as long as the free phone is inactive. After that you can donate it.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ok, I have a question regarding the sero plan and number portability. I'm currently with Tmobile and have two months left on my contract, but I'm on a family plan (3 phones only one with data for 1000 minutes for $112/month).

What makes most sense:

a) Wait two months and get a new family plan (with a 700P and a couple of free phones) with Sprint and transfer each number over at that point.

b) Buy a Treo 700P now for myself on the sero plan and then in two months switch over the other two lines and their respective numbers. I would basically be keeping all three lines active on Tmobile for the next 2 months, and so my question is - can I transfer my Tmobile number to my Sprint line even after I've had a different Sprint line/number for 2 months?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Ok, I have a question regarding the sero plan and number portability. I'm currently with Tmobile and have two months left on my contract, but I'm on a family plan (3 phones only one with data for 1000 minutes for $112/month).

What makes most sense:

a) Wait two months and get a new family plan (with a 700P and a couple of free phones) with Sprint and transfer each number over at that point.

b) Buy a Treo 700P now for myself on the sero plan and then in two months switch over the other two lines and their respective numbers. I would basically be keeping all three lines active on Tmobile for the next 2 months, and so my question is - can I transfer my Tmobile number to my Sprint line even after I've had a different Sprint line/number for 2 months?
    Not sure, but I do know you can't have a family plan through SERO.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Not sure, but I do know you can't have a family plan through SERO.
    Yep, I knew that, but I figure that I could have one sero plan and a family plan for the other two phones (or even individual plans), and I still would be saving money over my current $112/month...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Yep, I knew that, but I figure that I could have one sero plan and a family plan for the other two phones (or even individual plans), and I still would be saving money over my current $112/month...
    True.
    So if you signed up for SERO, how much money did you have to pay for the Treo 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    So if you signed up for SERO, how much money did you have to pay for the Treo 650?

Too late, they don't have treo 650 listed as SERO phone.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I know they took it off but I was just curious as to how much it was to give an idea what the 700p might cost if they put it up there.
    $299.99 after $50 MIR
    I'd be willing to be that if someone called telesales/retention and had a valid employee referral they could still get the 650 with SERO.
    ...buy the 700p through the Palm developer site for a $100 discount and then have a backup phone.
    Where on the developer website does Palm offer the phone for a $100 discount? I've looked but can't seem to find it...
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc
    Where on the developer website does Palm offer the phone for a $100 discount? I've looked but can't seem to find it...
    See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...31&postcount=1
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    The SERO site just added the 650 back and also has the 6700 for $450 with a $100 rebate. This bodes well for the 700p being there once it is offially available on Sprint.
    I agree, I just hope the 700p isn't 649, hopefully telesales will be able to bring the price down a little.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen
    I agree, I just hope the 700p isn't 649, hopefully telesales will be able to bring the price down a little.
    The phones through Sprint's website have very similar pricing to the phones through SERO. The 6700 and the 650 are identical and just about every other phone is close or the same. I would think whatever discounts are going to be available will be through SERO as well.
    The SERO site just added the 650 back and also has the 6700 for $450 with a $100 rebate. This bodes well for the 700p being there once it is offially available on Sprint.
    I can't get it up!!!!!--The site that is.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

I enter the e-mail (I have and tried two) and the zip and the page just shows as "loading." Anybody have any luck? (EDIT: tried the Nextel link and that works fine)
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    I can't get it up!!!!!--The site that is.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

I enter the e-mail (I have and tried two) and the zip and the page just shows as "loading." Anybody have any luck? (EDIT: tried the Nextel link and that works fine)
    I'm getting a "server too busy" message now. Very odd...
    I see the Treo 650 and the PC-6700 now too, and it looks like the Samsung A900 has come down in price $20.

It seems like they add phones and subtract phones all the time. My guess would be the 700p will be up there, but it will be on their one day and not on their the next. In some random pattern.

You'll just have to watch for it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123